• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some of Labours 3000+ news laws....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of Labours 3000+ news laws....

You have to laugh....here are some of Labours new (barmy) laws bought in over the last 9 years, taken from the Daily Mail last week.

1] Illegal to buy Polish Potatoes

2] Illegal to Impersonate a Traffic Warden

3] Illegal to sell Grey Squirrels

4] Illegal to offer Air Traffic Control Services without a license

Can anyone add to this....

You cannot enter the hull of the Titanic without the permission of the Secretary of State.

But what useful new laws would the team like to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
      1] Illegal to buy Polish Potatoes
      This is to protect against potato ring rot, which is a serious disease of potatoes. There are EU controls on the import of Polish potatoes, which are known to habour the disease.

4] Illegal to Impersonate a Traffic Warden
      http://www.kentonsunday.co.uk/Kent-N...urn-nasty.aspx

3] Illegal to sell Grey Squirrels

It's actually all non-native species. Some of these, like Japanese knotweed, can invade whole environments and cause the loss of native species because they are just too successful. It's too late to stop grey squirrels, but they are included in the general definition. The fact that Greys are highlighted is just media spin.

4] Illegal to offer Air Traffic Control Services without a license

Everyone expects this to apply to NATS etc, which makes the legislation sound ridiculous. But in fact there are a lot of private aerodromes and airfields which are unlicensed 'own risk' (eg. Old Warden Park) but still provide their own air traffic control on display days. They will now need a license - if only to ensure that they use competent staff and have the right equipment installed. There have been several cases of aircraft losses and fatalities due to the neligence or incompetence of air traffic control staff.

Can anyone add to this....[/QUOTE]
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by Masher
        You cannot enter the hull of the Titanic without the permission of the Secretary of State.
        This is because it is a maritime memorial of international historic and cultural significance. The legislation in place is a result of a joint agreement with the US, France and Canada.

Comment

ooh ! listen to him !

Didnt know we had a Labour MP on CUK !

Comment

ooh ! listen to him !

Whereas we have any number of ignorant twats cluttering up the place.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
              Whereas we have any number of ignorant twats cluttering up the place.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

clapping yourself sas ?

oh look an anagram of ass

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  Eyethankyewverymuch....

I'll be here all week! - Unfortunately
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

ooh ! listen to him !

I'm not. I'm am, on the other hand, someone intelligent to see through the spin that all the political parties, pressure groups and much of the media put on this sort of thing, mainly to get people outraged or reassured or whatever. The technique used on you was called selective reporting.

Comment

Working...
                    X