• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The EU Troll patrol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EU Troll patrol

EU to set up euro-election 'troll patrol' to tackle Eurosceptic surge - Telegraph

The Daily Telegraph has seen confidential spending proposals and internal documents planning an unprecedented propaganda blitz ahead of and during European elections in June 2014.

Key to a new strategy will be "public opinion monitoring tools" to "identify at an early stage whether debates of political nature among followers in social media and blogs have the potential to attract media and citizens' interest".

Spending on "qualitative media analysis" is to be increased by £1.7 million and while most of the money is to be found in existing budgets an additional £787,000 will be need to be raised next year despite calls for EU spending to reflect national austerity.

"Particular attention needs to be paid to the countries that have experienced a surge in Euroscepticism," said a confidential document agreed last year.

"Parliament's institutional communicators must have the ability to monitor public conversation and sentiment on the ground and in real time, to understand 'trending topics' and have the capacity to react quickly, in a targeted and relevant manner, to join in and influence the conversation, for example, by providing facts and figures to deconstructing myths
    If the EU is paying Darmstadt and PeterGriffen to troll this website then I'd want my money back if I were a Commisioner!

I like the EU.

I think it's good.

More tasty food from around the world.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I like the EU.

I think it's good.

Europe's a great place. It's just this stupid EU government that's getting in the way.

Comment

I like the EU.

I think it's good.

Huh? You could buy foreign food long before we joined the Common Market!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
          EU to set up euro-election 'troll patrol' to tackle Eurosceptic surge - Telegraph

If the EU is paying Darmstadt and PeterGriffen to troll this website then I'd want my money back if I were a Commisioner!
          and doodab and blasterbates - The EU propaganda directorate don't do anything by halves!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            It was not EU approved food, you dirty troll!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I wouldn't know I wasn't alive.

All I know is the more migrants we have from the EU in London the more the food changes in the supermarkets and shops.

(I was going to give you an example but it's too rude.)
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I wouldn't know I wasn't alive.

All I know is the more migrants we have from the EU in London the more the food changes in the supermarkets and shops.
                Oh FFS... haven't you got a shirt to iron or a cake to bake?
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Oh FFS... haven't you got a shirt to iron or a cake to bake?

Comment

(I was going to give you an example but it's too rude.)
                    Bananas are only rude if you eat them a certain way

Comment

Working...
                    X