• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ed Miliband: 'Britain is sleepwalking to a climate crisis'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Miliband: 'Britain is sleepwalking to a climate crisis'

Miliband's declared mission is to rebuild a national consensus on the subject. That task is, however, hugely complicated by the divisions in the Tory party between climate change deniers, agnostics and believers.
    "The problem is that either denial or dither on climate change will damage the country. Denial is damaging because it means you won't take the steps necessary, but dither is damaging, too, because it means you are half-hearted about taking the necessary measures.
    "The science is clear. The public know there is a problem. But, because of political division in Westminster, we are sleepwalking into a national security crisis on climate change."
    He calls for "decent people" in the Tory party and the Liberal Democrats to join the cause, "to come forward and say, we can't have this ambivalence any more because it will be disastrous for this country".
    Like him or not, he's slowly growing into a proper leader. Next general elections will Milliband vs Farage.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    Like him or not, he's slowly growing into a proper leader. Next general elections will Milliband vs Farage.
    If that's your definition of a proper leader, I'd love to see your definition of a bad one.

And Farrago will fold before the next election in exchange for a Cabinet post. Don't confuse image with intention.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      If that's your definition of a proper leader, I'd love to see your definition of a bad one.
      I said 'proper' not 'good'. Tony Blair was bad for Britain but had tons of charisma and, believe it or not, many European leaders compare themselves to TB, the last one being Italy's Matteo Renzi.

I don't like Farage and I think he would be bad for Britain but he's a natural born leader.

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      And Farrago will fold before the next election in exchange for a Cabinet post. Don't confuse image with intention.
      Why should he do that? That would be political suicide. And at the moment I see no signs of Labour not winning the next GE hands down.
      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Farage is ok.
        Last edited by suityou01; 16 February 2014, 10:40. Reason: One aaarrrrr
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I think you're affected by the Farrage syndrome:
          Farrage syndrome

Comment

I think you're affected by the Farrage syndrome:
            Farrage syndrome
            He's a laughable baffoon with some good ideas. Far more entertaining than Milliband or Cameron. I think he should team up with Bojo and lead us to victory.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              He's a laughable baffoon with some good ideas. Far more entertaining than Milliband or Cameron. I think he should team up with Bojo and lead us to victory.
              Define "us"!

The English? The British? The people? The Conservatives? The narrow minded Little Englanders stuck in the past?

Comment

Define "us"!

The English? The British? The people? The Conservatives? The narrow minded Little Englanders stuck in the past?
                That's the one.

Comment

He's just regurgitating PC blather about climate change that is about as controversial as milky white tea because it is so PC. Not exactly "leadership". It's fortunate that the man has such little political acumen.

Comment

No one has a handle on this

Climate change is bollox.
                    We as a populace are being dumbed down so we are easier to control.
                    We are just slaves to the elite.
                    Europe is circling the plug hole.

Sort out immigration. Sort out education. Stop pumping green taxes into the elites pocket. Sort out the banks, properly.

It's all pretty obvious what needs to be done, but we trundle on based on an agenda we are not entirely privy to. So why worry, we're all fooked in the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X