• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are there contract jobs out there?????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there contract jobs out there?????

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are contract jobs out there???

I am a Consulatant\Architect\PM in IT...

Happy to travel across the UK for work.

Can't find much out there at present.

Is there any special websites I should be looking at or is it just a case of uploading the CV and waiting for the phone to ring.

Kind regards.

Hi,

Just to put some more meat on the bones...

When i was looking for perm work, it appeared, only 20 percent of jobs were advertised... the other 80 percent seem to not be advertised... so it was a case of uploading your CV to the various websites and waiting for the phone to ring...

I wondered if Contract jobs followed the same rules?

Comment

Originally posted by newtothegame View Post
      Hi,

When i was looking for perm work, it appeared, only 20 percent of jobs were advertised... the other 80 percent seem to not be advertised... so it was a case of uploading your CV to the various websites and waiting for the phone to ring...

And how do you come to these numbers?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by newtothegame View Post
        Hi,

sounds dubious

in any case to increase chances surely you'd:-

i) apply for what's advertised
        ii) stick your CV on the relevant job boards
        iii) keep your linked-in profile up-to-date
        one day at a time

Comment

Working...
        X