• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fire up the Quattro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire up the Quattro

I drove my car today for the first time since I got out of hospital. Unfortunately it had been standing since mid december so the battery had gone flat and even charging it for 24 hours didn't get the thing started, so that cost me £115 for a new one. Even more annoying is that I got flashed by a speed camera on the way back home

Still, at least I have a working car now. I need to plan some drives out to dark places so I can look at the stars. There aren't many dark places in Surrey, except in the minds of the residents of course....
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I think a trip to the lake district might be on the cards when the weather calms down.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I think a trip to the lake district might be on the cards when the weather calms down.
      More chance of Man Utd putting a few wins together.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        More chance of Man Utd putting a few wins together.

qh
        It'll reach 30C in Manchester before Utd win any silverware again

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          You haven't seen enough water recently?
          I (just about) saw the orion nebula through my Binos last night and now I'm addicted. Must go somewhere dark.....

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I drove my car today for the first time since I got out of hospital. Unfortunately it had been standing since mid december so the battery had gone flat and even charging it for 24 hours didn't get the thing started, so that cost me £115 for a new one. Even more annoying is that I got flashed by a speed camera on the way back home

Still, at least I have a working car now. I need to plan some drives out to dark places so I can look at the stars. There aren't many dark places in Surrey, except in the minds of the residents of course....
            Can you appeal and hope for a long drawn out court case?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Can you appeal and hope for a long drawn out court case?
              We'll see. I suppose it balances out getting a free tax disk.

Comment

Peak District is pretty dark.

Comment

If you like the night sky, and given your current predicament, I suggest you hop on a plane to Australia and head out to the outback. Camping or even glamping under the stars is pretty magical. No light around, so you can see nebula etc, the weather will be clement too as it's autumn. Might get the same in the UAE.
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                    If you like the night sky, and given your current predicament, I suggest you hop on a plane to Australia and head out to the outback. Camping or even glamping under the stars is pretty magical. No light around, so you can see nebula etc, the weather will be clement too as it's autumn. Might get the same in the UAE.
                    I don't think I'm able to fly at the moment unfortunately. I might be able to drive to Europe though.

Comment

Working...
                    X