• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting to like the train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting to like the train

Used to hate catching the train (takes longer, smelly, sweaty people).

Been getting the train for last few months. 10 mins drive, 50 mins train, 10 mins walk other end.

Had to drive this am. Trains cancelled etc.

Rain, traffic, accidents on the motorway, finding somewhere to park. Feels like I've done a days work already. Missed my 30 min kip on the way in I must admit.

Never going to moan about train again.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Been getting the train for last few months. 10 mins drive, 50 mins train, 10 mins walk other end.

Rain, traffic, accidents on the motorway, finding somewhere to park. Feels like I've done a days work already. Missed my 30 min kip on the way in I must admit.

which train line is this?

one day at a time

Comment

Hahaha oh PC you make me chuckle, it took me 4.5 hours to drive home Friday as the original Severn crossing was shut due to a lorry accident which didn't surprise me as the weather was awful. Still I enjoyed my drive comfortably in my beamer so I wasn't bothered. When I'm down here I get the bus Tue-Thurs I hate it, it's crowded and smelly and takes an age but it's more cost effective than using the car and paying for parking.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

When I finished my London gig last year and started a relatively gentle commute I really missed my daily commute by train. Far less productive now too as tend to get up later and do less work when home.

Comment

When I was commuting into central London I found ways to enjoy it (could doze on the train etc.) now my commute is different I find ways to enjoy that (can take things in my car so I can train lunch time etc.).

I find it is more about mindset than anything else.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            When I was commuting into central London I found ways to enjoy it (could doze on the train etc.) now my commute is different I find ways to enjoy that (can take things in my car so I can train lunch time etc.).

I find it is more about mindset than anything else.
            As much as I'd love to commute here on the train it's just too much trouble, plus the prices they ask are ludicrous
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Wanna bet?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                which train line is this?

South Wales - midlands line. Via Lydney.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                  Hahaha oh PC you make me chuckle, it took me 4.5 hours to drive home Friday as the original Severn crossing was shut due to a lorry accident which didn't surprise me as the weather was awful. Still I enjoyed my drive comfortably in my beamer so I wasn't bothered. When I'm down here I get the bus Tue-Thurs I hate it, it's crowded and smelly and takes an age but it's more cost effective than using the car and paying for parking.
                  Nightmare mun. Beamer eh? Nicked or owned? lol

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Wanna bet?
                    OK. When its late next week I'll tell you...

Comment

Working...
                    X