• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maps

Suity's random post about magnetic declination has had me going through my map collection. I buy them as souveneirs of places i've been.

Swisstopo are my favourties. Beautiful maps.

Does anyone else have this fetish or is it just me?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I can't do maps. I led an orienteering team once as a teenager. It was supposed to take us two hours - it took us seven.

Comment

I prefer charts.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No, it's not just you :
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I prefer charts.
          Like Marine and Aviation ones? I thought about getting a marine chart of Majorca where I did my RYA skipper course years ago but I've not really anywhere to hang it.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I love maps. And charts, come to that

Comment

Comment

Maps is spam spelt backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Suity's random post about magnetic declination has had me going through my map collection. I buy them as souveneirs of places i've been.

Swisstopo are my favourties. Beautiful maps.

Does anyone else have this fetish or is it just me?
                  Me too, from a child upwards and as soon as I passed my driving test (in the 60s) I was looking a European maps a wondering what the road looks like in real life, so at 18 I was driving and camping around Europe.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Like Marine and Aviation ones? I thought about getting a marine chart of Majorca where I did my RYA skipper course years ago but I've not really anywhere to hang it.
                    Marine navigation specifically. I did a night-school course as a teenager, mucking about with dividers and tide-tables and almanacs.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X