• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold

Woke up this morning to no heating or hot water.

ms3 passed his CCN1 last week (gas exam) and was asking where the instructions for our boiler were.

Coincidence?

Have you been complaining about the gas bill? He's saved you a fortune....
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Fixed now after a mountaineering expedition through the crap in the garage to locate a 3A fuse.

Hint: If you're not the tidiest of people, mount your garage wall racks near the door, not on the back wall.

Comment

I'd been freezing for the past week or so when sitting on my PC in the evenings, despite the heating being on. I assumed that it just wasn't getting cold enough near the thermostat to click on and didn't bother checking.

In all seriousness, I found I had to bleed the radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Woke up this morning to no heating or hot water.

ms3 passed his CCN1 last week (gas exam) and was asking where the instructions for our boiler were.

Coincidence?
          Fixed now after a mountaineering expedition through the crap in the garage to locate a 3A fuse.

Hint: If you're not the tidiest of people, mount your garage wall racks near the door, not on the back wall.
          Have you apologized to ms3?

Comment

I have small toolkit with spare fuses in Kitchen in one of the wall cupboards at the top (where most people can't reach. Saves a lot of swearing! Poundland is your friend.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Have you apologized to ms3?
              I still don't know he wasn't responsible! (He'd already left for work by the time I got up). I'm taking the fact that he's ignored my 'have you been fiddling with the boiler' text as an admission of guilt.

Comment

I used to feel the cold quite quickly. I normally had to wear gloves when I went out, would usually wrap up like any other normal human. I got food poisoning in China a few years ago and, basically, stopped feeling the cold almost ever. I could happily go out in the winter in just a T-tulip and trousers. Jumpers were horribly hot and uncomfortable and I often slept on the covers rather than under them. I went to the doctor and he shrugged and said "Does it matter? It could be anything".

I noticed a week or two ago that I am starting to feel the cold again. I walked from the car to the house without a jumper and it felt a little uncomfortable, my fingers are cold now (this office is known for being freezing cold but this is pretty much the first time I have noticed).

Looks like I need to get some jumpers again
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  I'd been freezing for the past week or so when sitting on my PC in the evenings, despite the heating being on. I assumed that it just wasn't getting cold enough near the thermostat to click on and didn't bother checking.

In all seriousness, I found I had to bleed the radiator.
                  Shut the door and the PC will heat the room
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Top Tip! fuses don't just blow because they want you to visit them - you need to identify the cause
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X