• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate increase request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate increase request

Hi,

My partner works as a medical locum through an agency. Lets call them Agency1. she has finished a 3 month contract and offered another 3. Current rate is £40 an hour and agency has a £10 an hour markup.

Another agency (lets call them agency2) whom she has used before have offered to pay her an extra £5 an hour and take a slightly reduced rate to ensure the end client (NHS) saves a bit of money. Therefore my partner gets £45 an hour and the agency I believe are taking £3 an hour.

There was nothing in her original contract with agency1 that states she has to renew with the original agency. I don't know if there is a clause in the contract between the agency1 and the NHS saying my partner has to continue working through.

Q As she is out of contract is she entitled to go through agency2?

Thanks
    Jbt

Oops, wrong forum. Mods, quickly please!
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Contracts sometime specify a period of time that must expire before you can work with that client again, unless through themselves. Have a look. If it's absent there's nothing to stop you going through agency B.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Oops, wrong forum. Mods, quickly please!
        You mean it's one of your sockies?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          You mean it's one of your sockies?
          Oops wrong login. Mods please ban the MTT sockie.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by jbt View Post
            Hi,

My partner works as a medical locum through an agency. Lets call them Agency1. she has finished a 3 month contract and offered another 3. Current rate is £40 an hour and agency has a £10 an hour markup.

Another agency (lets call them agency2) whom she has used before have offered to pay her an extra £5 an hour and take a slightly reduced rate to ensure the end client (NHS) saves a bit of money. Therefore my partner gets £45 an hour and the agency I believe are taking £3 an hour.

There was nothing in her original contract with agency1 that states she has to renew with the original agency. I don't know if there is a clause in the contract between the agency1 and the NHS saying my partner has to continue working through.

Q As she is out of contract is she entitled to go through agency2?

Thanks
            Jbt
            Try and get a contract with breast implanting, it is far more lucrative.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Try and get a contract with breast implanting, it is far more lucrative.
              Happy to go on the Approved Substitute list on this one
              latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Oops wrong login. Mods please ban the MTT sockie.
                Suity, I tried hard to act like your sockie; I even started writing a sob story about my leg hurting and my sinusses getting blocked and stubbing my toe on the bathroom door after I ate some lightly spiced chicken stew, but I just couldn't do it; my story was so filled with self contradictions that I gave up. I just can't do 'big girls blouse' as well as you. Ask MF; he can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Suity, I tried hard to act like your sockie; I even started writing a sob story about my leg hurting and my sinusses getting blocked and stubbing my toe on the bathroom door after I ate some lightly spiced chicken stew, but I just couldn't do it; my story was so filled with self contradictions that I gave up. I just can't do 'big girls blouse' as well as you. Ask MF; he can help.
                  Ooh, a suity sockie competition! Everyone registers a sockie and does a suity post. Prize to whoever guesses the real suity! Sounds like a job for a Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Ooh, a suity sockie competition! Everyone registers a sockie and does a suity post. Prize to whoever guesses the real suity! Sounds like a job for a Friday.
                    It would never work; most of the sockies would call in sick before the competition starts.

Comment

Working...
                    X