• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you know contractors that have become IT recruitment agents?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know contractors that have become IT recruitment agents?

I thought we all were...

Comment

Not hard, is it ?

If one keeps the details of all the interviewers, say over the last 5 yrs, it must an average of 5 int/yr x 2 pers = 10 x 5 yrs = 50 names with contact details for each contractor. So if a couple of contractors can join together, there are nearly 100 leads, more or less what any mid-size agency can come up with at any time. Need only 10% conversion and you've got 10 contracts worth 15% of say £ 5 k/m = £ 7.5 k/m income (less 1/3 expenses = £ 5 k net)If you are not bothered about the ethics and have a balance of around £ 50k in the bank as a starter for initial costs and also to pay contractors up front -(that's the biggest drawback), it doesn't seem such a bad idea, does it ?

Comment

The better agencies were generally set up by contractors originally...
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

i am going to start an agency
          anyone wanna join ?

Comment

To be honest I think it would be easy.

I have learnt so much about how these agencies get their roles.

But, how hard is it to lose your sense of morals? and **** people for a living?

Although most contractors are arrogant twats anyway (look at some of the people that post on here).

Comment

Hey, I'm not an arrogant twat

I'm quite happy to mix with the degenerate, low quality, uneducated feckless IT contractors that make up this BB.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                I'm quite happy to mix with the degenerate, low quality, uneducated feckless IT contractors that make up this BB.
                Thanks (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  Hey, I'm not an arrogant twat

HTH
                  Thats the nicest thing anyones said about me in years *sniff*
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Actually, who needs agencies? how many contractors use this forum? How many of those are aware of vacancies. Can't we just use our own netwrok to bypass the blood suckers?

I know that agencies view this board, so perhaps we can create a forum for listing skill set which we can all search for, then PM the relevant person...

Or does this idea suck more than Paris Hilton?

Comment

Working...
                    X