• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Francko

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Francko

Which pizza restaurant chain is the best in the UK?

Originally posted by Captain Jack
    Which pizza restaurant chain is the best in the UK?
    None. Go to an indian restaurant.

Perhaps one in Soho near Bar Italia is slightly closer to an italian one. Can't remember the name now though.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

My Italian friends who are very picky would say that Strada or Pizza Express are acceptable, but not great. Apparently only thin crust will do and a wood burning stove is an advantage.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        My Italian friends who are very picky would say that Strada or Pizza Express are acceptable, but not great. Apparently only thin crust will do and a wood burning stove is an advantage.
        Yes, they are acceptable. If your friends are very picky then, why are they your friends?
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Ten or more years ago there used to be a pizza restaurant in Elephant & Castle that was supposed to be one of the best in London. As you walked in there were staff on the left mixing the dough, and I think the ovens were behind them.

I don't know if it's still there, but if you exited the shopping centre via the exit on the western side, it was across the road.

Even if it's still there, it may have changed a lot of course. And I suddenly remember that the last time I had a "Nettuno" (spelling?) pizza (tuna and onion with no cheese) it was much to salty for me.

Warning for those who don't know: Elephant & Castle is not the sort of area to take anyone you want to impress.
          Last edited by IR35 Avoider; 21 August 2006, 16:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            Yes, they are acceptable. If your friends are very picky then, why are they your friends?
            Because they are classy as well.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
            X