• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linked In reading my contacts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked In reading my contacts

Is there anyway to stop LinkedIn reading my non-LinkedIn phone contacts and adding them into their add people you may know lists? Presumably to get them to create an LI profile.

Just noticed this and would like to turn it off, must have accepted it in a previous update. Doh!!!
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Is there anyway to stop LinkedIn reading my non-LinkedIn phone contacts and adding them into their add people you may know lists? Presumably to get them to create an LI profile.

Just noticed this and would like to turn it off, must have accepted it in a previous update. Doh!!!
    It keeps asking me if I want to upload my contacts.

I think they missed out the "You must be fecking joking do you think I'm some sort of imbecile" button so I have to settle for plain old "No".

Comment

I dont believe its possible. After all they want everyone to be connected to everyone. Via LinkedIn.

Anyway, who are you linkedin you don't want us to know about? Kim Joung Un? Nick Griffiths? Nic Clegg? AndyW?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I dont believe its possible. After all they want everyone to be connected to everyone. Via LinkedIn.

Anyway, who are you linkedin you don't want us to know about? BrilloPad?
        FTFY :-)
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Is there anyway to stop LinkedIn reading my non-LinkedIn phone contacts and adding them into their add people you may know lists?
          Delete them all from your phone and email. Voila!

Comment

Is this an Android phone? I use an Android tablet but I use virtually no apps on it, because they all seem to want to get at (and update!) my contact list and calendar - accept it or it's no dice. I won't accept it (and I'm thinking of ditching Android for that).

Comment

Working...
            X