• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Blair 'advised' Brooks before arrest"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Blair 'advised' Brooks before arrest"

Is the title of this BBC article that I post here for your interest.

BBC News - Phone-hacking trial: Blair 'advised Brooks before arrest'

Her email read: "I had an hour on the phone to Tony Blair.

"He said:

"1. Form an independent unit that has an outside junior counsel, Ken Macdonald [former director of public prosecutions], a great and good type, a serious forensic criminal barrister, internal counsel, proper fact checkers etc in it. Get them to investigate me and others and publish a Hutton-style report.

Continue reading the main story
    Who are the defendants?

Read profiles of the defendants
    "2. Publish part one of the report at same time as the police closes its inquiry and clear you and accept shortcomings and new solutions and process and part two when any trials are over.

"3. Keep strong and definitely sleeping pills. Need to have clear heads and remember no rash short-term solutions as they only give you long-term headaches.

"4. It will pass. Tough up.

"5. He is available for you, KRM [Rupert Murdoch] and me as an unofficial adviser but needs to be between us. He is sending more notes later."
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

so generally he said 'Ignore the fact you have been a naughty girl and have been hacking into people's phones which you know as an adult is morally and legally wrong and get ready to put up a load of lies and smoke and mirrors to obscure facts and get off on a technicality'

Which is exactly what you would expect a politician of today to say and really just highlights exactly what is wrong with people today.

There is no remorse over doing wrong, no though for the people they have wronged and no interest in truth - just lie, lie and lie again to cover your arse

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      There is no remorse over doing wrong, no though for the people they have wronged and no interest in truth - just lie, lie and lie again to cover your arse
      Yeah cos politicians never did that before Blair came along did they? He's hardly the first, he's just very good at it.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I thought it was the ease with which he gave council that was of interest. Sounds like he learned a lot from the Hutton enquiry.

Comment

KUATB.

Is it really that hard to glance down the front page, see a thread with "Blair" and "Brooks" in the title, and deduce that it might be worth checking if it's about the same story?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Yeah cos politicians never did that before Blair came along did they? He's hardly the first, he's just very good at it.
            ridiculous - it all went wrong when the fine upstanding John Major lost the election and that toad T Bliar go in.

probably

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              KUATB.

Is it really that hard to glance down the front page, see a thread with "Blair" and "Brooks" in the title, and deduce that it might be worth checking if it's about the same story?
              You're threads appear on my screen in light brown font.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                You're threads appear on my screen in light brown font.

HTH
                Your...

HTH
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Your...

HTH
                  Damn TapaTalk

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    ridiculous - it all went wrong when the fine upstanding John Major lost the election and that toad T Bliar go in.

probably
                    You are Edwina Curry and I claim my 5 eggs
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X