• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunburn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunburn

Got really bad sunburn across my shoulders and back. Not enough slap obviously. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best after sun to use?

Yours painfully

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I had some proper burn treatment stuff I bought in France that was amazing but I'm buggered if I can remember what it was called. I have found aloe vera based stuff to be pretty good as well.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Lots and lots of moisturiser if that's all you can lay your hands on. You will be applying it by the bucket load as your burnt skin will just keep on sucking it in. It does help.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Doc prescribed me this when I turned crispier than a crisp.

Brulidine cream

But for regular sunburn, you're probably good with E45 or similar unscented moisturiser.

Comment

I frazzled my arms 2 years ago, end-to-end blisters, plain yoghurt from the fridge worked best.

Aloe vera was sticky and cumbersome and most creams did nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Got really bad sunburn across my shoulders and back. Not enough slap obviously. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best after sun to use?

Yours painfully

MF
            Ioidt.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

whatever you get try and get one of the squirty ones as opposed to the creams you need to spread....

can make a difference if you are very sunburned

Comment

A small bottle of MTFU should suffice.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Look on the bright side, as a permie you can call in sick.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Look on the bright side, as a permie you can call in sick.
                    I'm so sunburnt, I was standing by the side of the road and looked over my shoulder to see 20 cars waiting for me to change to green.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X