PDA

View Full Version : Le Diner de Con (sp?)

sasguru
24th May 2005, 14:39
Has anyone seen this Froggy film? If you haven't buy, beg, borrow or steal it. You'll laugh till it hurts.

I would invite to my dinners:

Chico
Franco
David J Contractor
Jibber

doodab
27th August 2013, 14:57
Yes. I saw it at what used to be the swiss centre in Leicester square. It's good.

OwlHoot
27th August 2013, 15:17
Very sloppy, for a title especially - Not only did Sas skip the "s" from "Cons" but he forgot or hadn't noticed the tin hat over the "i".

Le Dîner de Cons (1998) (www.imdb.com/title/tt0119038/)

I reckon Sas himself would be a prize guest of honour one week :laugh

sasguru
27th August 2013, 17:11
Very sloppy, for a title especially - Not only did Sas skip the "s" from "Cons" but he forgot or hadn't noticed the tin hat over the "i".

Le Dîner de Cons (1998) (www.imdb.com/title/tt0119038/)

I reckon Sas himself would be a prize guest of honour one week :laugh

Hence the (sp?) you moron. I would definitely invite you. We could talk about foreign climes, how to figure out rep on CUK and a host of topics that would leave you floundering.:rollin::rollin:

EternalOptimist
27th August 2013, 17:57
ah yes

Chico
Franco
David J Contractor
Jibber

legends

but who is the Kn0bend(sp?) Sasguru

VectraMan
27th August 2013, 19:23
I've seen it. Tres amusamt.

The tax inspector gets the last laugh, I think, which is appropriate for a contractors' forum.

Freaki Li Cuatre
27th August 2013, 20:12
I've got a 27' Colvic northerner motor sailor. Two full headroom cabins forrard and a double berth sleeping cabin aft, plus a fully water tight cockpit. You could find one in your price range

d000hg
27th August 2013, 20:36
Hence the (sp?) you moron.I guess they don't have the internet where you use CUK then? If it's not worth your time looking up the spelling, it's not worth out time to read. If someone wrote in txt-speak because they couldn't be bothered to write properly, you'd hardly be happy.

mudskipper
27th August 2013, 20:43
I guess they don't have the internet where you use CUK then? If it's not worth your time looking up the spelling, it's not worth out time to read. If someone wrote in txt-speak because they couldn't be bothered to write properly, you'd hardly be happy.

:spel:

Pondlife
28th August 2013, 08:12
Is it an original of this? Dinner for Schmucks (2010) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427152/)

Pondlife
28th August 2013, 08:13
Is it an original of this? Dinner for Schmucks (2010) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427152/)

Painfully unfunny. As a fan of Steve Carell and Paul Rudd (not to mention Jermaine Clement and Zak G) and sometimes of director Jay Roach, it's hard to reckon how none of these talented people noticed how strained, mean-spirited and downright ridiculous this comedy is. No one behaves like an actual human being, and Carell's "loser" character is so annoying you're insulted when the script asks us to find him lovable-- you'd rather strangle him. A deeply cynical, formulaic farce without a shred of anything resembling reality. Even the broadest comedy has to be based in some recognizable behavior. It mocks the bad corporate villains for making fun of the fools invited to the party, and does the same thing itself. A few scattered laughs is the best you can hope for. What a waste of talented people. The producers should be spanked.

I'm hoping the original was better. :D

OwlHoot
28th August 2013, 10:04
Hence the (sp?) you moron. I would definitely invite you. We could talk about foreign climes, how to figure out rep on CUK and a host of topics that would leave you floundering.:rollin::rollin:

Tacking "sp?" on a word is the last refuge of the ignorant and lazy, an admission you can't spell and can't even be bothered to check.

:rolleyes:

sasguru
28th August 2013, 10:16
Tacking "sp?" on a word is the last refuge of the ignorant and lazy, an admission you can't spell and can't even be bothered to check.

:rolleyes:

I don't speak French and never claimed to.
If anyone was interested in watching the film I gave adequate information to find it.
But I suppose that the more cognitively challenged might need more hand-holding than I provided, thus proving that they are fit subjects for the film:laugh:laugh

sasguru
28th August 2013, 10:18
I guess they don't have the internet where you use CUK then? If it's not worth your time looking up the spelling, it's not worth out time to read. If someone wrote in txt-speak because they couldn't be bothered to write properly, you'd hardly be happy.

Don't read or watch it then. You could be a guest at my dinner the week after OwlHoot. Actually this is CUK, the dinners would stretch into infinity :rollin::rollin::rollin:

d000hg
28th August 2013, 10:30
Don't read or watch it thenThe film or your boring, badly written posts?

Lockhouse
28th August 2013, 20:01
Has anyone seen this Froggy film? If you haven't buy, beg, borrow or steal it. You'll laugh till it hurts.

I would invite to my dinners:

Chico
Franco
David J Contractor
Jibber

Agreed - it's brilliant. The remake is pants.

d000hg
28th August 2013, 20:06
I noted the original post date of this thread and feel I should apologise to Sas. A ten year old boy can be excused such things.