• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland contract and the SNP crazies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland contract and the SNP crazies

I am contemplating a contract in Scotland and wondering if I should have payments in English pounds Sterling written into the contract - just in case.
    Is anyone else thinking / requested the same?

I think that I will put myself forward for the role with the pound Sterling being a requirement.
    I would quite like a contract in Scotland and the cheap airline tickets compare well with the train to London.

Comment

Are you planning a contact of 3 years plus? No. then forget it.

Why wind this up talking about Sterling?

Comment

What a load of utter bollocks.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          What a load of utter bollocks.
          I concur. Alex Salmond is more loony than Farage, but at least Farage is entertaining and has a sense of humour...

Why not ask for Bitcoins?
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
            I am contemplating a contract in Scotland and wondering if I should have payments in English pounds Sterling written into the contract - just in case.
            Good point. Worth thinking through just in case...
            one day at a time

Comment

My current Project

My current Project is to monitor cross boarder payments, we are factoring in people who work in Scotland and live in England, a levy will be applied of approx 8% to convert between currencies, You will also have to agree with your agent a with-holding tax, where your agent will keep back 32% of your rate to pay Scottish taxes (from day 1, no 183 rule)

Comment

I am still looking for a client to pay me in physical gold, but I haven't found any yet. But I haven't given up.
                <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

It's not as crazy as some people make out. There are companies doing business in Greece who are insisting on clauses in the contract to say that they will be paid in Euros regardless of what mickey mouse currency the Greeks end up using....

I think it's worth putting in wording to explicitly say that the contract is in Pounds Sterling.
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

No, just pathetically you.

Comment

Working...
                    X