PDA

View Full Version : Should it be legal to buy sex?

BrilloPad
21st February 2014, 08:24
BBC News - Mega-brothels: Has Germany become 'bordello of Europe'? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26261221)

Of course, technically men don't pay for sex. Men pay for women to go away after sex.

bobspud
21st February 2014, 08:32
BBC News - Mega-brothels: Has Germany become 'bordello of Europe'? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26261221)

Of course, technically men don't pay for sex. Men pay for women to go away after sex.

Would you like a tin opener for your can of worms sir? :D

MicrosoftBob
21st February 2014, 08:32
It's going to happen whether it's legal or not, you might as well legalise and try and have more control over the prostitutes working conditions

Ticktock
21st February 2014, 08:40
What I think is slightly weird is the proposal for how to legislate prostitution:
Woman selling sex = legal
Man buying sex = illegal.

So, if both parties meet, agree to exchange sex for money, there is no deception, etc, and the police then catch them at it, the man can be charged while the woman faces no consequences. Surely, either both should be punished, or neither?

Project Monkey
21st February 2014, 09:13
It's already legal.

mos
21st February 2014, 09:16
It's already legal.

Yup, mega business always wins. :o

MicrosoftBob
21st February 2014, 09:18
What I think is slightly weird is the proposal for how to legislate prostitution:
Woman selling sex = legal
Man buying sex = illegal.

So, if both parties meet, agree to exchange sex for money, there is no deception, etc, and the police then catch them at it, the man can be charged while the woman faces no consequences. Surely, either both should be punished, or neither?

Could be funny if police find a ladyboy selling sex, it would be a PC flamewar over whether they were a woman or not

doodab
21st February 2014, 12:01
It's going to happen whether it's legal or not, you might as well legalise and try and have more control over the prostitutes working conditions

WHS. You aren't going to make it go away whatever laws you pass.

I think the situation in Germany has got a bit out of hand, apparently they have tower blocks built for the purpose which I find a bit creepy, but they also have employment rights and healthcare and compulsory STD screening and such like that makes the whole thing seem a lot safer for all concerned.

d000hg
21st February 2014, 12:03
It's going to happen whether it's legal or notSo is pedophilia and contract killing.

SunnyInHades
21st February 2014, 12:04
"Marriage is the price men pay for sex
Sex is the price women pay for marriage"

Halo Jones
21st February 2014, 12:59

+1

doodab
21st February 2014, 13:12
So is pedophilia and contract killing.

The key difference is that prostitution is usually happening between two consenting adults, and almost always so where it's legalized. So there is a harm reduction argument that doesn't apply to pedophilia or assassination.

vetran
21st February 2014, 13:20
"Marriage is the price men pay for sex
Sex is the price women pay for marriage"

Good job the wife keeps up the payments :smile

MicrosoftBob
21st February 2014, 13:22
The key difference is that prostitution is usually happening between two consenting adults, and almost always so where it's legalized. So there is a harm reduction argument that doesn't apply to pedophilia or assassination.

Apart from that German cannibal who offered to eat someone, that was kind of a contract killing

Ticktock
21st February 2014, 13:38
Apart from that German cannibal who offered to eat someone, that was kind of a contract killing

No, that was happening between two consenting adults. The "victim" saw the advert, and agreed with the guy that he could kill and cook him.

AtW
21st February 2014, 14:10
Men pay for women to go away after sex.

:laugh

doodab
21st February 2014, 14:12
No, that was happening between two consenting adults. The "victim" saw the advert, and agreed with the guy that he could kill and cook him.

Yes but there is no accounting for Germans. They are just weird.

Pondlife
21st February 2014, 14:24
Yes but there is no accounting for German food. It's just weird.

FTFY

BrilloPad
21st February 2014, 14:26
Would you like a tin opener for your can of worms sir? :D

It all seems a bit civilized so far. I was hoping for a banning from this thread. Preferably not me for once.....