• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fark Me™: Benno drops 1,000m - and walks away with nosebleed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fark Me™: Benno drops 1,000m - and walks away with nosebleed

A PARACHUTIST making his first high-altitude jump came came down to earth with a bump when his parachute failed to open properly — and then got up and walked away.
    Benno Jacobs thought he had simply landed badly when he hit the ground 60 seconds after falling 1,000 metres (330 ft) from a small aircraft.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...323120,00.html

Was that our Benno? Not, sure... didn't see any reference to it being Thatcher's fault.

Nice to see the Times journalist has a bit of a problem converting SI to imperial units.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Originally posted by hyperD
    Nice to see the Times journalist has a bit of a problem converting SI to imperial units.
    He's missing a zero. Doesn't our benn0 end in a zero as well?

Comment

It's the final paragraph that got me

In the same year, at Malindi on the Kenyan coast, Lieutenant Charlie Williams of the Irish Guards fell more than 1,000 metres headfirst with his feet caught in the cords of his tangled parachute. He was unable to pull his reserve. He was saved when he plunged through the corrugated roof of a hut and only suffered three cracked vertebrae and a dis- located finger.
      Now THATS hard.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

He was Irish guards - you know what they say about falling over when you are p1ssed.

Comment

Working...
        X