• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strong play made for feckless numtpy of the week award

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strong play made for feckless numtpy of the week award

Strong play for this prestigious award made by the station announcer at Hitchin station this morning.

Suity skids onto the platform at 8:21:30, running a little late due to traffic.

There is a train on the plaform. Suity glances to the platform side matrix sign.

08:22 Cambridge - On time.

Mmmm, this must be my train then. Wrong.

This was the 08:18 to Peterborough, not listed on the matrix sign, ie already cleared.

These trains are 4 minutes apart. So I would find useful either

a) Announce the train due to depart is the 8:18 service. or
    b) Leave it listed on the matrix sign and adjust the entry for the 08:22 to be 2 mins late.

Doing nothing means I board the wrong train, go one stop down to Arlsey, then have to wait for 25 mins for the next London bound train to go back down one stop then wait 25 mins for the next Cambridge train.

The staff at Arlsey agreed with me that it should have been accounced.

Unless someone from Jersey, or the agency for the London gig make a stronger play I think this utter castard has nicked it right at the opening of the week.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    The staff at Arlsey agreed with me that it should have been accounced.
    Of course they did, they only heard your version and uttered vague sympathetic noises to avoid a confrontation. They didn't actually agree with you, or care. They'll probably have had a little laugh about idiots who are too stupid to understand trains after you left.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Of course they did, they only heard your version and uttered vague sympathetic noises to avoid a confrontation. They didn't actually agree with you, or care. They'll probably have had a little laugh about idiots who are too stupid to understand trains after you left.
      1/10

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        And then wondered why so many of those idiots work at train stations.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

a) Announce the train due to depart is the 8:18 service. or
          b) Leave it listed on the matrix sign and adjust the entry for the 08:22 to be 2 mins late.
          a)Well it would have been announced as it arrived, but exactly how many times do you want them to announce it.

b) the matrix signs are controlled elsewhere and not under the control of local staff......

Admit it you scr*wed up but want to blame someone else...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

they do write the route on the front of the train.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

1/10 for pandering to me. 9/10 for accuracy
              FTFY
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Front of the train is a mile away from where I enter the platform. It is 8 cars. To "jog" to the front, check the signage and jog to the nearest door would have meant I would miss the train. In this instance not a bad thing it turns out but I wasn't to know that.

How about, if the driver knew the train was running late, before closing the doors announced internally on the train which train it was and give a few seconds for others that were confused to vacate the train?

Why does the CUK panel have to immediately take the stance of everybody else is right and Suity is wrong?

Comment

Most people verify with someone already on the train if unsure.

Comment

Why does the CUK panel have to immediately take the stance of everybody else is right and Suity is wrong?
                    Experience?

Comment

Working...
                    X