• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ladies watch recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies watch recommendations

Hello,

Wedding anniversary is coming up and was considering getting a watch for the Mrs.
    I was budgetting around the £1,000 mark which puts Cartier out of my price range, any other watch makers you can recommend.

I thought this was going to be a thread about watching ladies. If it were, I'd recommend not getting caught staring.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

All depends what sort of style you are looking for - if you want something quite modern Gucci do a nice range and they are reliable. Longines are a good make but probably more traditional. If you want something a bit more robust then Raymond Weil do a good range
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I thought this was going to be a thread about watching ladies. If it were, I'd recommend not getting caught staring.
        You're thinking of Birdwatch, or is that something else also.. . .

Comment

I think watches are a very personal choice, particularly if you are going to spend that amount. I wouldn't dare buy jewellery, perfume, watches or clothes for women unless I had been told exactly what to get. I would say the best thing would be to take her and let her chose. Not much of a surprise and not very romantic either. You could get her to chose it and then have it engraved before you give it to her if you want to add a special something.

You could do what I do on special occasions and wrap and Argos catalogue up that has a post-it not on pages of stuff she is allowed to buy. I make it special by giving her a lift to pick it up where she runs in to get it and I can stay in the car and not have to pay parking.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 24 February 2014, 10:38.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
            <snip> something quite modern Gucci do a nice range and they are reliable<snip>
            Mrs Kevpuk recently became the proud owner of one of these.....

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            <snip>
            You could do what I do on special occasions and wrap and Argos catalogue up that has a post-it not on pages of stuff she is allowed to buy. I make it special by giving her a lift to pick it up where she runs in to get it and I can stay in the car and not have to pay parking.<snip>
            LOL
            latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Citizen have some nice watches in the eco-drive range, simple and elegant.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                All depends what sort of style you are looking for - if you want something quite modern Gucci do a nice range and they are reliable. Longines are a good make but probably more traditional. If you want something a bit more robust then Raymond Weil do a good range
                Thanks Lisa. I will pop out at lunch time to have a look at the Longines DolceVita, the DolceVita is the style I was after without the Cartier pricetag.

Comment

Originally posted by gbonner View Post
                  Hello,

Wedding anniversary is coming up and was considering getting a watch for the Mrs.
                  I was budgetting around the £1,000 mark which puts Cartier out of my price range, any other watch makers you can recommend.
                  Sorted your problem..

CARTIER 18k Gold Vermeil Women&apos;s Vintage Watch in its CARTIER Box! | eBay

Cartier Watch : £11.48, Polish and clean £3, Getting your oats for ever more : Priceless.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

what Lady of taste and style wouldn't want one of these http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/17/sony-smartwatch-2

Comment

Working...
                    X