• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something has gone wrong with the universe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something has gone wrong with the universe

I just got my car insurance renewal quote through and it's gone down. Now we all know that's akin to violating the second law of thermodynamics. What is going on? Am I travelling backwards in time or stuck in a parallel universe?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

mine went down last July.

I assume they are taking the increased female premiums and sharing them.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I just got my car insurance renewal quote through and it's gone down. Now we all know that's akin to violating the second law of thermodynamics. What is going on? Am I travelling backwards in time or stuck in a parallel universe?
      Age.

HTH
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        mine went down last July.

I assume they are taking the increased female premiums and sharing them.
        That makes sense. I didn't get any meerkats at the last round of renewals as the existing provider was cheaper/similar in price.

Comment

OK this gets weirder. I got my girlfriend put on the policy and they have refunded me a further £100+.

They seem to have sent me cheques for a refund on my home insurance as well as refunding to my bank account too*.

Is one of you lot working on an agile project in the insurance arena perchance? If so, keep up the good work and may all your renewals come with rate hikes

* which is 100% correct as they have refunded the last renewal plus a partial refund of the year before.
          Last edited by doodab; 24 February 2014, 12:02.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

OK this gets weirder. I got my girlfriend put on the policy and they have refunded me a further £100+.

They seem to have sent me cheques for a refund on my home insurance as well as refunding to my bank account too*.

Is one of you lot working on an agile project in the insurance arena perchance? If so, keep up the good work and may all your renewals come with rate hikes

* which is 100% correct as they have refunded the last renewal plus a partial refund of the year before.

I thought you had kids?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

I thought you had kids?
              You can't have kids if you're not married?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                You can't have kids if you're not married?

No, but one would not refer to the mother of your children as "girlfriend".

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

I thought you had kids?
                  I do, x2. My girlfriend is their mother.

Comment

I do, x2. My girlfriend is their mother.
                    So perhaps "partner" is a better noun? Or do you prefer to keep her on her toes?

Comment

Working...
                    X