• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting article on effective tax rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting article on effective tax rates

BBC News - Which country has the highest tax rate?

Nice collection of statistics. It turns out that a very high earner with kids and a mortgage is actually slightly better off in France than here and favouring family life through the tax system is quite popular.

Across the OECD, tax rates drop by an average of 5.5% for married couples with children. Greece is the only country where you pay more tax if you are married with children.
    Last edited by doodab; 25 February 2014, 09:08.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    BBC News - Which country has the highest tax rate?

Nice collection of statistics. It turns out that a very high earner with kids and a mortgage is actually slightly better off in France than here and favouring family life through the tax system is quite popular.
    Very interesting, I'm now considering work in Saudi after reading this
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      Very interesting, I'm now considering work in Saudi after reading this
      Might be worth it if you can deal with the culture clash. I did a short stint in Dubai, it wasn't my cup of tea at all.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Might be worth it if you can deal with the culture clash. I did a short stint in Dubai, it wasn't my cup of tea at all.
        I was the same when I did 14 months in Switzerland I didn't enjoy it all
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

I love the mountains. We should have swapped

Comment

Yeah, well I'm working in England right now, and ....

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              Yeah, well I'm working in England right now, and ....
              Me too it's not too bad, though I must admit I'm not a fan of London
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Ha! I knew I was paying less tax here in Germany. And there's beer gardens & skiing & less working hours!!
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Ha! I knew I was paying less tax here in Germany. And there's beer gardens & skiing & less working hours!!
                  The only downside with Germany is that you are in it
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    The only downside with Germany is that you are in it
                    Is that the best retort you can fathom? Take a subject discussing tax and change it to one of identify?

There's reason why you work in recruitment... don't give it to much thought you might get ideas.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X