• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need some impartial advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some impartial advice

I appreciate this is not usually the forum for personal issues, but I don't really know what to do.

I was in a relationship with a girl until december when she ended it as she claims she had a lot of issues she needed to address. I decided to do a bit of backpacking as i was young(ish) free and single and booked a one way flight to Asia for tomorrow morning.

Mid-April she got back in contact, I told her I was going away and we started to see each other casually. Last weekend it became clear that she was not handling my imminent departure at all well so suggested seeing each other was not healthy for her. She phoned me Sunday night and I agreed to meet her for a "last-supper". I sent her a message this morning to confirm and she replied that is was not happening as she had apparently taken an overdose and on the way to hospital.

At first I thought this was attention seeking as she did it whilst her friend was present and allowed her to call the ambulance, but she has since been admitted to recus and is on a ventilator.

I don't know whether I should go to the hospital (her friends told me not to) and don't know whether I should cancel my trip. What is the worse happens and i failed to stop the mother of 2 children from ending her life?

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    I appreciate this is not usually the forum for personal issues, but I don't really know what to do.

I was in a relationship with a girl until december when she ended it as she claims she had a lot of issues she needed to address. I decided to do a bit of backpacking as i was young(ish) free and single and booked a one way flight to Asia for tomorrow morning.

Mid-April she got back in contact, I told her I was going away and we started to see each other casually. Last weekend it became clear that she was not handling my imminent departure at all well so suggested seeing each other was not healthy for her. She phoned me Sunday night and I agreed to meet her for a "last-supper". I sent her a message this morning to confirm and she replied that is was not happening as she had apparently taken an overdose and on the way to hospital.

At first I thought this was attention seeking as she did it whilst her friend was present and allowed her to call the ambulance, but she has since been admitted to recus and is on a ventilator.

I don't know whether I should go to the hospital (her friends told me not to) and don't know whether I should cancel my trip. What is the worse happens and i failed to stop the mother of 2 children from ending her life?
    When you cut and pasted this you should have edited it better.

I call B0llocks!

Comment

Don't succumb to blackmail. Best for both of you if you leave her friends to sort her out.

Comment

Tricky. Put the kettle on son.

Seemingly you are her problem. She cannot bear to see you go. This is a cry for help. I would have thought you should stick to your plans. She should have family and friends around her. It is their responsibility to look after her, not yours.

With you out of the frame for a bit she stands the best chance of healing.

Or stick around and accept your life with the bunny boiler.

You know the difference between a blonde and washing machine?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
          When you cut and pasted this you should have edited it better.

I call Threaded's time machine!
          FTFY

Comment

I appreciate this is not usually the forum for personal issues

My personal issues are a highly prized contribution to this forum.

Comment

oh nasty situation.

I'm not sure you should be taking on responsibility for her actions but emotionally its quite difficult.

Whilst getting involved may feel right you may just become her crutch and never escape safely in future. So you might be prolonging the pain not becoming part of the solution. She needs professional help and will get it now.

I say this having dated a girl with some issues (very minor compared to yours) and it tends to be a whirlpool that drags you in.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

My personal issues are a highly prized contribution to this forum.
                comical

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?

Comment

Would Mich?

Comment

Working...
                    X