• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

David the terrorist - is this what MF was doing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David the terrorist - is this what MF was doing?

Element 14 Holding Orders Based On US Government Watch List | EEVblog - The Electronics Engineering Video Blog

If your name happens to be fairly common like mine, then you may end up having your orders flagged and put on hold by Element 14, at least here in Australia. Because, well, their system sucks arse, and it seems like they are licking the arse of the United States government to boot. Am I pissed? You betcha!

I placed an order for some innocuous parts from Element 14 in Australia the other day and their system automatically “flagged” my order and put it on hold based on my name being on some US Government watch list!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

He should put the name "Osama Bin Laden" on the delivery address, because obviously that's one name no longer on any US watch list.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
    X