• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carbon monoxide alarm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon monoxide alarm

Do you have one? Poll to follow.

Just bought one - never bothered before. Reading reviews on Amazon, a couple of people have had them go off, so sounds like it's a good thing to have.
    Yes
    63.64%
    No, but meaning to get one
    18.18%
    No
    13.64%
    AndyW's mum never gets a headache
    4.55%

good move - a friend with a faulty gas oven nearly died 2 weeks ago - now they have one installed. It's on my 'task list'.

one day at a time

Comment

very definately a good thing to have. it's not known as the 'silent killer' for nothing
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Not unless our smoke alarms also monitor CO. Which I assume is unlikely?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This is the one the guy in the shop recommended

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Honeywell-H4...pr_product_top

Comment

Bought off Amazon a couple of months ago because I saw a documentary on CM poisoning.

Got a Travel one in a twin pack with a smoke detector for £23 so I can take them both away with me when staying in holiday chalets etc.
            If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

£15 for peace of mind.

no brainer.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yup and also have hardwired smoke alarms in all rooms except kitchen and bathrooms.

Comment

Got one but, as we have oil fired hot air heating, I rather doubt there cold be a serious leak of fumes into the house without us smelling it.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

B&Q had a fancy one on demo the other week, it talked to you instead of beeping.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X