• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are guns safe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are guns safe?

Man shoots himself in the head and dies while demonstrating gun safety - Americas - World - The Independent

No doubt following this America will now do the sensible thing and ban handguns.

Yet another American candidate for the Darwin Awards.

Comment

Seems to be a common occurance over there

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But remember......

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          It would appear that guns plus Americans aren't safe.
          Is it cos they are sooo fat?

Comment

IMHO guns are perfectly safe - it's just when you put them in the hands of human beings that you have a problem
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Guns are perfectly safe.

Guns in the hands of people who do not respect them are dangerous.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                Guns are perfectly safe.

Guns in the hands of people who do not respect them are dangerous.
                Maybe, but what about defective guns, accidents, or mistaken identity.

The one that really annoys me from the gun nuts is the "If everyone had a gun, someone going crazy with a gun would be stopped quickly, and wouldn't be able to kill lots of people" line.

So, crazy guy flips, starts shooting.

Joe Handgun steps up, starts shooting back.

Hank SemiAutomic see Joe shooting and starts shooting at Joe. Pretty soon, everyone is shooting at everyone else. It is such a ludicrous proposition, but it completely escapes them.

America won't change though. It's too ingrained.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  America won't change though. It's too ingrained.
                  This is the actual issue, everything else is window dressing IMHO.

I heard someone on the radio mentioning about how gun ownership and gun crime were 'not related' and that if you look at, I think, Switzerland they have a very high level of gun ownership and virtually no gun crime compared to the US.

I honestly don't think she realised she was given the exact reason why Americans should not be allowed guns.
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                  X