What do you all think?

Board Game Geek
18th October 2009, 00:08
Best UK movie for a while.

What do you all think?

Never seen it myself.

Gonzo
18th October 2009, 00:12
What's with this thread necromancy today?

A mate of mine invested some money in that film. I don't recall whether he got his money back or not, he wasn't expecting to.

Board Game Geek
18th October 2009, 00:23
What's with this thread necromancy today?

A mate of mine invested some money in that film. I don't recall whether he got his money back or not, he wasn't expecting to.

Crikey I just realised !

I'm sure sunnysan only asked that yesterday and I was thinking about it today, and realised that I was going to to reply yesterday but didn't get the chance, so I replied to it today.

Sorry about your friend who was going to invest in the film. Did he go ahead in the end ?

Gonzo
18th October 2009, 00:54
Sorry about your friend who was going to invest in the film. Did he go ahead in the end ?He did invest, I just don't know whether he saw any return. I don't get to see him much these days. :rolleyes:

He was flush with cash for a while because he sold his large house in a pretty village that didn't have a pub in it and moved to a smaller cottage near the pub.

He had been caught drink-driving enough times that if he was caught again it would have meant jail time. We also knew that his details were on a list of people that the police kept an eye out to stop so he couldn't take the chance.

NickFitz
18th October 2009, 02:33
I'm sure sunnysan only asked that yesterday and I was thinking about it today, and realised that I was going to to reply yesterday but didn't get the chance, so I replied to it today.

So since 24th May 2005 at 15:57, you've been thinking about saying you hadn't seen the film, but thought it all happened since yesterday? :freaky:

There's probably a film in that :rolleyes:

HairyArsedBloke
18th October 2009, 07:48
So since 24th May 2005 at 15:57, you've been thinking about saying you hadn't seen the film, but thought it all happened since yesterday? :freaky:

There's probably a film in that :rolleyes:

I wish I had no memory of the last 4 1/2 years too.

EternalOptimist
18th October 2009, 08:01
Layer cake was ok, but Spartacus was better. All those burning things rolling down the hill. Ace

EternalOptimist
18th October 2009, 08:16
And gladiators.

Oooops.

Did I say that aloud?:emb

What about Pirates of Blood River ?

wow. they dont make em like that any more. Oh to be eight again:ohwell

BrilloPad
18th October 2009, 11:28
Best UK movie for a while.

What do you all think?

The makers of layer cake were going to make a film about the founder of f4j. But the project still seems to be on hold. :ohwell

Board Game Geek
18th October 2009, 12:46
The makers of layer cake were going to make a film about the founder of f4j. But the project still seems to be on hold. :ohwell

Well, it doesn't exactly sound like a blockbuster does it ?

Man meets woman, woman has kids, man and woman seperate,kids in limbo, man gets bitter and puts on a superhero costume to climb buildings and claim that life isn't fair.

It's not an original plot, there are no car chases or explosions, the opportunity for comedy seems a bit weak (apart from the costumes that is).

Sounds like a straight-to-DVD release to me.

Hint : Get some elves, orcs and wizards in it and it could be a bit more interesting.

Clippy
18th October 2009, 13:04

They made a cartoon instead - Bananaman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNknWT-agT0).