• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ministry Of Justice Want My P60 Before Clearance ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ministry Of Justice Want My P60 Before Clearance ?

Anyone know why the ministry of justice want my p45 or p60 as part of their security checks in addition to all the usual documents i.e. passport, national insurance number etc.

It's possible they will do a full financial check on you so will need all sorts of documentation. If you have been out of work for any period they will probably also require your bank statements to check that you weren't detained at her majesty's pleasure or out of the country doing bad things and so on.

You could of course ask them. I am sure they will be very open as to why they need it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoppy View Post
      Anyone know why the ministry of justice want my p45 or p60 as part of their security checks in addition to all the usual documents i.e. passport, national insurance number etc.
      Proof of employment to confirm your CV and that you haven't hijacked someone else's NI number.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Are you having SC level clearance? When I was SC cleared (for MoJ) they check your financial situation to see if you're a potential target for bribery etc. Perhaps its part of that.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          Are you having SC level clearance? When I was SC cleared (for MoJ) they check your financial situation to see if you're a potential target for bribery etc. Perhaps its part of that.
          Hi

yes waiting for SC to come through, I'm not one of these civil liberties types but I would of thought a standard financial background check would do, someone just mentioned to me that next they will want bank statements. I wouldn't mind but the position is low level and I could really earn more flipping burgers. Can I ask what documents you had to produce.

Comment

Hi

yes waiting for SC to come through, I'm not one of these civil liberties types but I would of thought a standard financial background check would do, someone just mentioned to me that next they will want bank statements. I wouldn't mind but the position is low level and I could really earn more flipping burgers. Can I ask what documents you had to produce.
            The point of SC is not to know the details of your financial history but to check that you are telling the truth in your clearance application. They already know the answers to most of the questions, they are checking what they know against what you tell them. If they find you were telling porkies in the application you won't get clearance.

If you don't like the idea of handing over that much info about yourself don't apply for SC roles. It goes with the territory.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              The point of SC is not to know the details of your financial history but to check that you are telling the truth in your clearance application. They already know the answers to most of the questions, they are checking what they know against what you tell them. If they find you were telling porkies in the application you won't get clearance.

If you don't like the idea of handing over that much info about yourself don't apply for SC roles. It goes with the territory.
              I have been SC cleared before, several times in fact and not once have I had to provide p45 / p60 or bank statements, and having already submitted my sc form via the portal I’m fully aware that they are still not required. I have a perfect right to apply for sc roles, what I’m not keen on is handing over even more personal financial details and by that I mean sort codes, account numbers, it seems and invasion of privacy especially considering a financial check is part of the sc clearance without them.

Comment

what I’m not keen on is handing over even more personal financial details and by that I mean sort codes, account numbers, it seems and invasion of privacy especially considering a financial check is part of the sc clearance without them.
                Well if you want the agency to pay out, you'll quite happily hand over your bank details to some stranger on the end of a telephone.
                OK it's not a random bod, but overall I think I'd trust the MoJ more than agency admin types.

Comment

All you are required to present for clearance is

Email address
                  Proof of identity
                  Proof of address

You should have received a paper form which you complete and return with the above. The sponsor completes their bit and then you get a login to an online portal which is valid for 14 days. You answer the questions honestly and the application is processed. Takes less than 10 days for SC.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    All you are required to present for clearance is

Email address
                    Proof of identity
                    Proof of address

You should have received a paper form which you complete and return with the above. The sponsor completes their bit and then you get a login to an online portal which is valid for 14 days. You answer the questions honestly and the application is processed. Takes less than 10 days for SC.
                    That's very different than my SC process (no online portal, big brown forms to fill in). That was 4-ish years ago though. It took ALOT longer than 10 days too, but I think that was Logica rather than the process itself.

Comment

Working...
                    X