• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Day 103: Indian Knuckle Crackers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 103: Indian Knuckle Crackers

They're all at it. It's making me feel sick.

And the one that sits next to me devotes a lot of attention to each digit. He pulls each one in turn such that it is almost at the point of dislocation and rotates it in both directions until he is satisfied that a suitably nausea inducing crunch is emitted before moving onto the next one.

Last edited by zoco; 27 February 2014, 11:17.

Originally posted by zoco View Post

And the one that sits next to me devotes a lot of attention to each digit. He pulls each one in turn such that it is almost at the point of dislocation and rotates it in both directions until he is satisfied that a suitably nausea inducing crunch is emitted before moving onto the next one.

I do that. But not one digit at a time. In fact I'll do it now and see if the noob winces.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post

Your posts have the same effect

Try putting your headphones on and getting on with some work?
      Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I do that. But not one digit at a time. In fact I'll do it now and see if the noob winces.
        <wince>
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

A Bobess sitting next to me does that, cracking her knuckles with a sound like loading a rifle.

I told her her hands would be riddled with arthitis if she kept it up, although I later Googled "knuckle cracking" etc and found the arthritis thing is a complete old wives' tale and has been scientifically disproved (haven't mentioned that to her though).

edit: Are we allowed to say "old wives' tale" these days?! Maybe "urban legend" would be better
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Are we allowed to say "old wives' tale" these days?! Maybe "urban legend" would be better
            Not in front of mudskipper

HTH

Comment

Working...
            X