• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US West Coast Fly Drive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US West Coast Fly Drive

I want to do the US West Coast fly drive, so fly to San Fran a bit of time there, then drive down west coast stopping a few nights on the way, then finally getting to LA, then fly from LA to Vegas and 3 nights in Vegas. Its seems to be a common fly / drive holiday, spoke to Virgin who priced it up at approx £1.8k each late Sept, but I'm wondering if other people done the same trip and is it better to book it not as package but book it yourself individually or if there is package providers people can recommend ? Also how many nights do you think San Fran warrants 2 or 3 ?
    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

I'd do it as as a bespoke deal - we did a New England tour a couple of years back and just planned where we wanted to stay, and then found places there.

The expensive bit will be the fees that a hire company charges for picking up in SF and dropping off in LA.

We used bedandbreakfast.com and found some nice places to stay which were out of the way and much more individual than staying in chain hotels. The last one had it's own orchard, and they served up a four course, farm fresh breakfast in the morning, which was divine.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Don't listen to MF. He has never been further west than lands end.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
        I want to do the US West Coast fly drive, so fly to San Fran a bit of time there, then drive down west coast stopping a few nights on the way, then finally getting to LA, then fly from LA to Vegas and 3 nights in Vegas. Its seems to be a common fly / drive holiday, spoke to Virgin who priced it up at approx £1.8k each late Sept, but I'm wondering if other people done the same trip and is it better to book it not as package but book it yourself individually or if there is package providers people can recommend ? Also how many nights do you think San Fran warrants 2 or 3 ?
        Did a similar trip some 10 years ago.

San Francisco. You can see all the touristy stuff in a couple of days. It is a very pleasant city and a nice place to be so an extra day here is not wasted.

Highway 1. San Francisco - Santa Barbara. The fresh air, the Pacific Ocean on the horizon, beautiful. The best road trip in the world.

LA -sprawling, confusing dump. Move on as soon as you can.

Las Vegas. Entertainment centre of the world. As long as you have money this place will not bore you.

Comment

So you are doing the GTA San Andreas tour then?

thinking about doing that myself - hire a big old muscle car and go be gangsta in the city of compton for a bit

Comment

Working...
          X