• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London tossers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London tossers

Why is it that every one of my mates that have followed the yellow brick road to London has turned into an egotistical tosser?

I’m not impressed by the fact you have spent 400k on a one bed flat, or that you don’t need a car or that xx% of UK GDP is generated by the capital.

I don’t give a flying ****, I’m happy with my house in the west country, my modest commute to Bristol and IMO better standard of living, I don’t crunch carrots, shag my sister or drive a tractor.

Discuss.

I’m going for a lie down.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Yes, I noticed DimPrawn has been changing lately, no idea whether they drive tractors in Swindon or what not...

Comment

Bristle's gurt lush, innit?
      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Yes it is, what language do they speak in London? All the cockneys now live in Essex.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
          Bristle's gurt lush, innit?
          I've seen both sides of the coin. Bristle wins hands down mate. Your mate is going through the adjustment stage. Being a knt is compulsory in London. Hence why SAS is there and loves it

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            Yes, I noticed DimPrawn has been changing lately, no idea whether they drive tractors in Swindon or what not...
            Swindon has no need of cars. It has a state-of-the-art super-conducting levitation mono-rail linking all the town into one homogenous commuter zone.

No hang on, I'm thinking of Tokyo. Sorry.

Comment

London is cool. But I'm not from here and I still love my point of origin.

Comment

Its funny how the same people who bang on about how they love the cut and thrust of city life hit a certain age and leave it all behind for a quiet life in the country... make your fecking mind up!

At least by buying up all the quaint cottage's in the country and pushing up the cost of local housing in the process they continue to be thought of as cnts by the locals.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                  At least by buying up all the quaint cottage's in the country and pushing up the cost of local housing in the process they continue to be thought of as cnts by the locals.
                  Rich cnts, surely ?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

All the cockneys now live in Essex.
                    Most may have done; but this one moved west - even further than Bristol.

Why is it that every one of my mates that have followed the yellow brick road to London has turned into an egotistical tosser?
                    That's because they are London wannabes, not the real thing.
                    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
                    No matter how you try,
                    Goodbye cruel Labour,
                    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Working...
                    X