• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I never knew cats could snore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never knew cats could snore

I woke up at 4am and through the wall heard the owner of my monday-thursday lodgings snoring in his bedroom which is next to mine.

He drinks a brace or two of tinnies most evenings, slumped in his sitting room watching carp TV and chain smoking rollies. So not surprisingly I sometimes hear a faint sound of snoring. But this seemed unusually loud, even for a drunken git like him.

Anyway, I soon dozed off. But when I woke again at 8am, one of his cats was curled up asleep on the bed right next to my pillow, still snoring, and as the door had been firmly shut since the previous evening she must have been there all night and what I had heard earlier!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

You should hang round TPD - we had tales of snoring moggies only yesterday.

Comment

Ours snores quite loudly sometimes, it's a comforting sound.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Testermog Minor snores AND farts while she sleeps. Testermog Major then wanders off and sleeps somewhere else.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I woke up at 4am and through the wall heard the owner of my monday-thursday lodgings snoring in his bedroom which is next to mine.

He drinks a brace or two of tinnies most evenings, slumped in his sitting room watching carp TV and chain smoking rollies. So not surprisingly I sometimes hear a faint sound of snoring. But this seemed unusually loud, even for a drunken git like him.

Anyway, I soon dozed off. But when I woke again at 8am, one of his cats was curled up asleep on the bed right next to my pillow, still snoring, and as the door had been firmly shut since the previous evening she must have been there all night and what I had heard earlier!
          Indeed they do and very loudly at times.

When we first got NorPussI he used to sleep under our bed where our pillows are, for weeks I used to blame Mr N until one night I discovered where the noise was actually coming from. In the last few weeks alone he's woken me up as he's so loud. NorPussII is not as loud.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

There is a solution involving a brown sack, a couple of rocks and a canal.

HTH

MF
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

HTH

MF
              Put owlhoot and the rocks in the sack and throw in canal?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

HTH

MF
                Yes, it could solve your problems. Put the rocks in the sack, throw it over your shoulder, run down to the canal, do some swimming and MTFU instead of picking on small animals!
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Cats make more noises that all other animals put together. FACT.

They have their own language. They can signal birds in the area, eyes on prey, I want to go out, I want to come in, they can purr, there be dogs, there be enemy cats

I never believed it till Mrs EO introduced me to the mog world

one bashes the keys in the back door. if the keys are not in the back door, he finds them on the table and bashes them. if they are not on the table he sh!ts on the carpet. it's a sort of message i suppose
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    one bashes the keys in the back door. if the keys are not in the back door, he finds them on the table and bashes them. if they are not on the table he sh!ts on the carpet
                    then you bash the cat and Mrs EO bashes you?

Comment

Working...
                    X