• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here's a puzzle for you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a puzzle for you

This one has been a problem for current ClientCo for some weeks. Lots of meetings (I was not involved in). Yesterday I was involved in the latest round of meetings.

The problem :

A particular exam is sat by year 9 students. It is also sat by the year below. The year 9 student's papers should be marked first as they have to sit the exam. The year below are just brainy.

All the papers are sent from the schools to scanning bureas. The scanning bureau then scan in the papers over a number of days.

How do we ensure the year 9 papers are scanned first. Hint it is not acceptable to rely on the scanning bureau or school to collate the forms based on reading the title as mistakes can happen.

So, what did Suity suggest?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    So, what did Suity suggest?
    A workshop?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      A workshop?

It's good, but it's not right.

Comment

send the yr 9 ones first?

Comment

A troop of South American peasant women to sort the papers by hand?

And they have to do it in an underground bunker.

And in the nude.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            send the yr 9 ones first?
            Owing to a very short marking window they have to scan them in as quickly as possible. If they were to send the year 9 ones first, that would involve the school collating them correctly. The schools are not trusted to read the cover sheet of the answer booklet and collate accordingly.

Comment

Owing to a very short marking window they have to scan them in as quickly as possible. If they were to send the year 9 ones first, that would involve the school collating them correctly. The schools are not trusted to read the cover sheet of the answer booklet and collate accordingly.
              Sack the moron teachers and invigilators and ask the kids to put them in two piles according to their age 8 on the left and 9 on the right. Any kid that doesn't get it right doesn't deserve to pass

Then sack the morons at clientco for having more than one workshop!

Comment

I would send a box into the younger kids exam room. put the papers in the box.
                then I would send the box into the year 9 exam room. put the papers in the box

tell the scanners to scan them as they come out of the box
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I would send a box into the younger kids exam room. put the papers in the box.
                  then I would send the box into the year 9 exam room. put the papers in the box

tell the scanners to scan them as they come out of the box
                  The exam papers are stuffed into packets and loaded onto a truck and then driven to the scanning bureau where the packets are opened and then the forms are scanned.

The potential for mix ups is still to high. We need a clear and readily visible and un****upable way of distinguishing these papers.

Comment

The exam papers are stuffed into packets and loaded onto a truck and then driven to the scanning bureau where the packets are opened and then the forms are scanned.

The potential for mix ups is still to high. We need a clear and readily visible and un****upable way of distinguishing these papers.
                    Print them on different coloured paper.

Comment

Working...
                    X