• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuff I Made

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff I Made

I was asked about the things I make in leather, well I have finally got round to getting some photos & a flickr site.

Linky

The shots themselves are pants: I am not & never will be a photographer, they are more a guide / personal portfolio for me

Constructive criticism is welcome: I am only a hobbyist & this is not a plan B

& yes that is BGG in the Anubis mask
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

How long does it take to make one of those bags? Lets say the black one with the rune looking markings on it?

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      How long does it take to make one of those bags? Lets say the black one with the rune looking markings on it?
      10 to 15 days, depending on design, the brown dragon one took say 20 days (& this is evenings as I have a job & a life
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Holy sh!t, what a fantastic bunch of stuff. It's very rare that any of the people in IT or on CUK impress me (I know you are not in IT)
        But that stuff is brilliant

there are not enough people in this country these days who make stuff. impressed
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          10 to 15 days, depending on design, the brown dragon one took say 20 days (& this is evenings as I have a job & a life
          It's the sort of thing I wouldn't mind commissioning someone to make for me if I thought of a particularly interesting design i'd like.
          What I really want is an 8 foot predator made out of scrap metal (motorbike chains for dreads etc), but my other half is having none of it.

Comment

P.s. to whomever it may concern - I resent being labelled good enough for Jehovah!

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
              It's the sort of thing I wouldn't mind commissioning someone to make for me if I thought of a particularly interesting design i'd like.
              Commissioned stuff is not cheap – the materials alone for that bag is c£200, but hey you’re a contractor, if you get a design idea pm me & will see if it possible
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Constructive criticism is welcome: I am only a hobbyist & this is not a plan B
                Make some squirrel photoes!!!

Comment

Commissioned stuff is not cheap – the materials alone for that bag is c£200, but hey you’re a contractor, if you get a design idea pm me & will see if it possible
                  That's why I wondered how many days it took. I guess the difference between paying for the engineering in a good watch is that its probably easier to recoup that expense for the watch if you needed to sell it in future.

If I have any awesome ideas though I'll get in touch!

Comment

... but hey you’re a contractor...
                    Apparently I should divide my hourly rate by a thousand to get a salary equivalent
                    Thats much less than I'd expect based on my friends' working habits, but it;s too early for me to tell yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X