• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What day is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What day is it?

<cough>
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    <cough>
    Unless you have been renewed in Cambridge its benchaday.....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Unless you have been renewed in Cambridge its benchaday.....
      I did get one more week, but didnt see the point wasting admins bytes on it.

Comment

I did get one more week, but didnt see the point wasting admins bytes on it.
        How long did it take you to commute to Cambridge from Luton?

Comment

if you were any type of dad it would also be robot wars day https://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/b...s/?id=10029406
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            How long did it take you to commute to Cambridge from Luton?
            Very variable. Lets take Friday as an example. Broken down truck in Hitchin causes tailbacks on the 505 back to Putteridge. Eventually reach Hitchin station and make the 9:22 train which thankfully as all trains are at Hitchin was delayed by 4 mins so I just made it.

Then two stops outside Cambridge the train broke down and we sat there for 20 mins while they fixed it.

So this day the commute was 2:05.

It can be as little as 55mins driving of 1:30 on the train. It has been up to 3.5 hrs driving.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              if you were any type of dad it would also be robot wars day https://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/b...s/?id=10029406
              http://forums.contractoruk.com/calendar.php

HTH BISDI

Comment

Very variable. Lets take Friday as an example. Broken down truck in Hitchin causes tailbacks on the 505 back to Putteridge. Eventually reach Hitchin station and make the 9:22 train which thankfully as all trains are at Hitchin was delayed by 4 mins so I just made it.

Then two stops outside Cambridge the train broke down and we sat there for 20 mins while they fixed it.

It can be as little as 55mins driving of 1:30 on the train. It has been up to 3.5 hrs driving.
                Given that it's less than 40 miles and you're supposed to be in training for L2B I'd have thought you would cycle it.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Hmm. I've had opportunities in Cambridge but was unsure about the commute. I live between Dunstable and Tring, so I'd have to add hacking my way through Dunstable and Luton to your time. Do you live over the Stopsley/eastern side?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Hmm. I've had opportunities in Cambridge but was unsure about the commute. I live between Dunstable and Tring, so I'd have to add hacking my way through Dunstable and Luton to your time. Do you live over the Stopsley/eastern side?
                    Yes, in the royal borough of round green.

You would hack across Leighton buzzard and pick up the 421. Again can be a pain. If it's south west Cambridge then ok, if it's north east fergerrit.

Comment

Working...
                    X