• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That was the week that was

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was the week that was

Having resigned my position a few weeks ago to take up the offer of a new internal role It was eventually blocked by the board because Im English(racist bastards), or perhaps because I'm based in England(it feels like the first) and I had to rescind my resignation.

Coupled with the escalation up to the CMO when someone in that org applied for a job I had advertised and the subsequent block & then the escalation to the board on project Poison Chalice phase 4(the whole thing has now taken 15 months as opposed to the planned 6!!!) I am now summoned to head office for not one but two seperate meetings with the head of my organization, having never has the wrath before.Think Alex Ferguson hairdryer.

Now all I need to do is keep my mouth shut.

Any ideas on how best to argue your case to Alex?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

WWSY01D?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      WWSY01D?
      I was planning on keeping my job.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I was planning on keeping my job.
        You're miserable and stressed and have been for months. Why the **** do you want to keep the job?

What's the worst that can happen?

Comment

You're miserable and stressed and have been for months. Why the **** do you want to keep the job?

+1 you were only doing this to get the job you have been blackballed from. Find something else.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            +1 you were only doing this to get the job you have been blackballed from. Find something else.
            Why? Money. My pay check for last month including sold shares was over six figures before tax. Though the amount of tax and actual take home was pretty disturbing.

It's a not walk away type of situation unless I can find a senior level management contract where spousal split divvies make the difference.

Comment

Emptied lots of bins. Dreamed of posting more bollox on cuk. reminder to self to look up jet-setting job on google to get some ideas
              FTFY

Comment

Go postal. Tell them to cram the job up their fecking arse. You are too good for them.

Man up and come contracting. Are you a CUKer or not?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Go postal. Tell them to cram the job up their fecking arse. You are too good for them.

Man up and come contracting. Are you a CUKer or not?
                  I'm staying until pushed.

Paul Hardcastle "Just for Money" - YouTube

Comment

Why? Money. My pay check for last month including sold shares was over six figures before tax. Though the amount of tax and actual take home was pretty disturbing.

It's a not walk away type of situation unless I can find a senior level management contract where spousal split divvies make the difference.
                    So you've got a nice warchest. Perfect time to tell them to shove it.

Comment

Working...
                    X