• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apprenticeships not just for boys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apprenticeships not just for boys

Apprenticeships not 'just for the boys' | City & Guilds

Men are twice as likely to be encouraged to take an apprenticeship as women, according to new research from the City & Guilds Group.

This needs to be changed. Society needs see women as being able to work - not just looking after babies.

Of course, MTT sees women for an entirely different purpose.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Apprenticeships not 'just for the boys' | City & Guilds

Men are twice as likely to be encouraged to take an apprenticeship as women, according to new research from the City & Guilds Group.

This needs to be changed. Society needs see women as being able to work - not just looking after babies.

Of course, MTT sees women for an entirely different purpose.
    I think it's more an issue that women as seen as more suitable than men for menial office jobs, so men get relegated to the factory floor.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There are hairdressing apprenticeships...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        There are hairdressing apprenticeships...
        Not what I want for my daughter thanks.

Comment

Not what I want for my daughter thanks.
          That's not the point of Mudskipper's post.

I've lost 3 good hairdressers over the years. They decided in their late 20s-early 30s they wanted a job where they made decent money so left to do something else.

Anyway some of the large accounting firms are taking on apprentices - 18 year olds with good A levels.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Current clientco take 4-8 apprenticeships a year. At the end of 3 years they will have a diploma and 3 years experience putting them in a far better position than you average graduate.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I did a night school C&G in joinery and furniture making, it was cool! But I did it mid-20's for fun. I was the only girl at school doing metalwork, we weren't encouraged but I was cr@p at making roux sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                They decided in their late 20s-early 30s they wanted a job where they made decent money so left to do something else.
                Absolutely. And why not? So you want to use girls as slave labour just for your vanity?

Why can't women be more like men? Grade 1 clippers every 4 weeks by Mrs BP. Cost zero.

Comment

Absolutely. And why not? So you want to use girls as slave labour just for your vanity?

Why can't women be more like men? Grade 1 clippers every 4 weeks by Mrs BP. Cost zero.
                  My hairdresser has her own business visiting people at home, does not too badly probable earning 150 a day, her own boss and all the work she wants as her skills and prices compare favourably to salons.

Comment

Actually most if the men I know go to barbers. The cost is cheaper than a woman's haircut due to the quickness but they go more frequently.

If you want to earn enough as a barber or hairdresser you have to have your own business and not hire a chair from someone else.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X