• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How did you start your Monday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you start your Monday?

In my case with a phone call at 05:30 to say GMIL had had a fall and was being taken to hospital with a head injury.

Patched up and back home now, but has a nasty cut under her eye and across her nose and looks like she's done a couple of rounds with Muhammed Ali.

Very confused, no idea where she lives or why she's there. Just hoping she'll settle down now she's back at home with the care staff to look after her.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Humbling: that puts things into perspective.

I was cycling ot the gym and am now at my desk bitching about the documentation-fest I am surrounded in.

I have nothing to complain about really!

Hope she is on the mend!

Comment

sorry to hear that, hope she gets better soon.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

usual. 2 hour commute on the m25. burnt-out bmw taking the blame today. my mil had a fall late last year but we are flights away so nothing we could do. that's the trouble with modern families - dispersed and rather disengaged. glad you were there to help out db.

Comment

I was gonna say tulip but after reading more than just the thread title I will be thankful that it could have been worse.

Hope she is back on her feet soon
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            ZeitMater hiding her pills again.

10 minute search to find the feckers.

Then it's "what do I do today?"*

Followed by "what is this chair doing in here?"**

And, saving the best for last: "Is anyone dead?"***

*The "Washing", what there is of it.

** It's there because the Occupational Therapist recommended that ZeitPater should have a chair with a higher seat if he's ever better enough to come home.**** Sorry it doesn't match the others but the chair raising thingie wouldn't fit the chairs in this room so we had to bring in a chair from the other room.

***Not yet, but things ain't looking too good.

****Fingers, toes & legs crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.
            Hang in there Old Lizard.

Familiar with the hiding things business. Hand bag, glasses, purse or anything else she thinks people might make off with (they won't, the other residents are as bad as as she is and the staff wouldn't dream of it). Thankfully her idea of hiding them usually doesn't involve more that stuffing them under the cushion on the sofa.

She's not concerned about who is dead, more a case of forgetting who is, her Son (MrsB's Dad) , pet dog, sundry relatives and ex-neighbours etc.

I know it's tough with ZP being hospital but it sounds like a care home is the only long term answer for both of you.

Her in the home btw, not you. Although.....
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

<click> "welcome to Lanzarote's premium English language radio station" followed by the dulcet tones of Chris Rea echoing round the villa.

Seems like you really don't get to know people at all well when you've only known them through work but my holiday companions are turning out to be shameless Brits abroad.

And now they've found an Irish pub so no more visits to the little back street bars favoured by the locals.

My attempts at getting them ti go native are falling on deaf ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                <click>
                My attempts at getting them ti go native are falling on deaf ears.
                Get a cab up to La Santa where the non-chavs are

Comment

so soon you will all be playing hide the sausage with the locals then???

Comment

Working...
                  X