• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NATO SC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NATO SC

Has anyone had this? What is the application process like? Is terminal illness likely to count against me?

I've just applied for a gig working on a greenfield project called "System zarządzania wykop". Anyone got any info on this?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Location? Mons, Belgium? I have been approached a few times about roles there, but the rates suck (less than London) and the expenses policy not too clear (erm, they might pay expenses).

For roles nearer the north part of the Black Sea, see the World War (i) thread
    Last edited by Scruff; 3 March 2014, 14:48. Reason: Spelling...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

google translate:

System zarządzania wykop = polish for "Management System trench"

perhaps as it involves NATO and a trench then the world war thread might be better suited
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I've just applied for a gig working on a greenfield project called "System zarządzania wykop". Anyone got any info on this?
        Crikey - So presumably NATO is planning an invasion of Zarządzania

Things are really hotting up in Eastern Europe!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Depends what country you're applying in.

When applying for NATO SC here, the German NSA (National Security Authority) had to be used to go via Abbeywood. No biggy.

Interestingly the relationships between some countries are impacting individuals such as ourselves, myself most recently.

Germany is less the pleased about the activities of GCHQ and to my astonishment my clearance application was being dragged on and on, excuse after excuse from Abbeywood. Eventually I learnt from an AW spokesperson they've not been getting on well with the German NSA recently.

The stupid part of it all was that the job was a European project servicing the interests of both countries.

I let the job go in the end as offers from others came in. Needless to say the other agency was pissed.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Depends what country you're applying in.

When applying for NATO SC here, the German NSA (National Security Authority) had to be used to go via Abbeywood. No biggy.

Interestingly the relationships between some countries are impacting individuals such as ourselves, myself most recently.

Germany is less the pleased about the activities of GCHQ and to my astonishment my clearance application was being dragged on and on, excuse after excuse from Abbeywood. Eventually I learnt from an AW spokesperson they've not been getting on well with the German NSA recently.

The stupid part of it all was that the job was a European project servicing the interests of both countries.

I let the job go in the end as offers from others came in. Needless to say the other agency was pissed.
            I thought one of the first rules of SC was that you weren't supposed to publicly discuss your application for or possession of it

(Obviously you are posting anonymously, but even so, mistakes can be made and your real life ID narrowed down or disclosed .. )
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I thought one of the first rules of SC was that you weren't supposed to publicly discuss your application for or possession of it

(Obviously you are posting anonymously, but even so, mistakes can be made and your real life ID narrowed down or disclosed .. )
              Calm down James Bond. It's not MiB.

Too many folks read SC and think 'secret' when it's 9 times out of 10 it's nothing of the sort. A best for many it's Commercial in Confidence or Restricted material. For the majority the MoD is only looking to verify you're not in the position or likely to be in the position of being manipulated, bent, mangled or coerced to exchanging sensitive information.

I'll tell you another. I've worked on project here in Germany without the clearance. The exact same project I had worked on in the UK a couple of years earlier where I was required to be DV cleared.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Calm down James Bond. It's not MiB.

Too many folks read SC and think 'secret' when it's 9 times out of 10 it's nothing of the sort. A best for many it's Commercial in Confidence or Restricted material. For the majority the MoD is only looking to verify you're not in the position or likely to be in the position of being manipulated, bent, mangled or coerced to exchanging sensitive information.

I'll tell you another. I've worked on project here in Germany without the clearance. The exact same project I had worked on in the UK a couple of years earlier where I was required to be DV cleared.
                If you don't want to take your obligations seriously then don't be surprised if you find yourself rejected at some point in the future.

This was posted recently: MoD warns contractors about security clearance forums :: Contractor UK

As it states, the simple fact that people with certain skill sets hold or are applying for SC can yield intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  If you don't want to take your obligations seriously then don't be surprised if you find yourself rejected at some point in the future.

This was posted recently: MoD warns contractors about security clearance forums :: Contractor UK

As it states, the simple fact that people with certain skill sets hold or are applying for SC can yield intelligence.
                  Take my obligations seriously because I have a linkined profile? Because I participate on a online forum? Little England at it's finest.

If the authority cannot determine or use reason and good judgement about the suitability of a candidate they probably should look for a new job themselves.

Comment

Take my obligations seriously because I have a linkined profile? Because I participate on a online forum? Little England at it's finest.

If the authority cannot determine or use reason and good judgement about the suitability of a candidate they probably should look for a new job themselves.
                    Well done. Now try reading the article and then reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X