• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From the mouths of babes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the mouths of babes

SY02 got a parcel today. She was out so it got delivered to the neighbours across the street. She knocked them up after the school run, nobody home. So she periodically sent SY03 over while preparing dinner.

On one of his visits he thought he saw someone returning home. SY02 asked him to describe this person. Being 9, and an innocent 9 years old, he described the man as being black. This was enough to confirm that indeed this was the correct neighbour.

Shortly afterwards there was a knock at the door, and it was the neighbour bringing the parcel over. Nice chap.

At this point SY03 comes trumpeting down the stairs just as SY02 was closing the door, and with the decibel level only achievable by an over enthusiastic naive child announces triumphantly "See, I told you, he is black!". The door not quite shut, and the man just walking away after concluding his good deed.

SY03 has now just learned how this would be interpreted, interspersed with a potted history of the slave trade and black oppression. He is now beside himself and racked with grief.

I haven't even got home yet

So now the neighbours think we're racist, and my son is a gibbering wreck.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by mos
    Oh Fook of ye damned Ruskie

Comment

So why do the neighbours think you are racist? If it because your 9 year old described his colour in a perfectly reasonable manner it is the neighbours who are racist.

Comment

Are you calling your wife a babe?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Are you calling your wife a babe?
          How's is it possible to be this thick?

Comment

Are we still talking about her, because that's a bit rude.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Are we still talking about her, because that's a bit rude.

Comment

lesson 1 from black oppression - the best way to get change is to bomb a shopping centre.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  "See, I told you, he is black!"
                  On a positive note though, this could have been much worse...
                  Clarity is everything

Comment

Working...
                  X