• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farage lobbies for 'remarkable' e-cigarettes in video after donation from maker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farage lobbies for 'remarkable' e-cigarettes in video after donation from maker

Farage lobbies for 'remarkable' e-cigarettes in video after donation from maker - Telegraph

Nigel Farage appeared in a video urging the European Parliament not to legislate on e-cigarettes after his party received over £30,000 in donations from a British manufacturer of the product.

Ukip accepted a donation of £25,000 Pillbox 38, the Blackburn company behind electronic cigarette brand Totally Wicked last May. The party then accepted a further donation of £11,000 from Jason Cropper the founder of the group in July, the electoral commission register shows.
    I've always thought that Farage was Totally Wicked!
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

I have always known that Farage was a sellout, I am just little surprised that he is so cheap!
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Feck me, CUK's very own "Toilets" Maguire and Polly Toynbee!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Feck me, CUK's very own "Toilets" Maguire and Polly Toynbee!
        spoken like true UKiPer

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
          spoken like true UKiPer
          Hardly, I'm an equal opportunities type of voter: I despise them all equally. Almost as much as I despise tribalism.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            Hardly, I'm an equal opportunities type of voter: I despise them all equally. Almost as much as I despise tribalism.
            fyi: so do I.

Comment

This is disgusting.

How can someone so bad at negotiating that he only got £30k out of them be trusted to represent Britain when billions are at stake. Shocking.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

He was rightly responding to an EU attempt to interfere in something that should be none of their damn business and they gave UKIP the donation because they were seen as the party resisting these measures.

Apart from the tiny scale of this influence, not a damn bit different to UNITE et al funding Labour because they resist further controls on strikes or the banks bankrolling Tories because they oppose more regulations and levies. 77% of Labour party donations are from unions. 50% of Tory donations come from city institutions.

PS Not that we except any sense or balance from this poster or his chief sidekick.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 5 March 2014, 16:51.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  PS Not that we except any sense or balance from this poster or his chief sidekick.
                  I am nobody's sidekick, never was and never will be. I despise Farage in my own right for a very good reason.

And by the way - I disagree with most of PGs comments disparaging UKiP voters en masse, and I made myself clear on that. Calling UKiP electorate 'white trash' and whats not is just as low as racist rants about 'Romanians and Bulgarians'.
                  Last edited by mos; 5 March 2014, 18:14.

Comment

Working...
                  X