• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What X day rate do you stick in a pension?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What X day rate do you stick in a pension?

Following on from DP's pointless poll, curious to know how much people stick in their pension. Thinking of upping mine in case I do live to be old...
    25.00%
    0.1 - <0.5
    12.50%
    0.5 - <1
    12.50%
    1 - <1.5
    18.75%
    1.5 - <2
    12.50%
    2 - <2.5
    6.25%
    2.5- <5
    6.25%
    5- <10
    0.00%
    10- <50
    0.00%
    50- < 100
    0.00%
    0.00%
    AndyW's mum keeps me young.
    6.25%

0.74 but I'm a lot younger than you
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      0.74 but I'm a lot younger than you
      Fair point.

Comment

I'm still paying into mine even though i'll never collect it, the government top up all goes towards the transfer value.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I'm still paying into mine even though i'll never collect it, the government top up all goes towards the transfer value.
          I did wonder what happens if you die before payday. I thought there was some stupid tax on transferring.

Anyway - done it. Upped it to 2 and a bit x day rate.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            I did wonder what happens if you die before payday. I thought there was some stupid tax on transferring.

Anyway - done it. Upped it to 2 and a bit x day rate.
            No, apparently I send them a letter from the doctor saying I'm about to pop my clogs and they give me the money back. I'm planning on putting it towards the house the kids will grow up in.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

If it is one thing I have learned it is never give money to others to manage on my behalf. Unless you enjoy a Public sector pension it is far better to take the hit on taxed income to have full control of any investments you make over your working life. My mother died before she could enjoy any benefit & my fathers pension was burned through paying £900 @week in care home fees.
              The Govt. is planning another raid on pensions by limiting the cash amount that can be taken tax free so all seems a pretty pointless exercise - with investing yourself in either shares or property you have full control & assets that you can hand on to your children
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                If it is one thing I have learned it is never give money to others to manage on my behalf. Unless you enjoy a Public sector pension it is far better to take the hit on taxed income to have full control of any investments you make over your working life. My mother died before she could enjoy any benefit & my fathers pension was burned through paying £900 @week in care home fees.
                The Govt. is planning another raid on pensions by limiting the cash amount that can be taken tax free so all seems a pretty pointless exercise - with investing yourself in either shares or property you have full control & assets that you can hand on to your children
                I moved mine into a SIPP last December, so do feel much more in control. Prior to that, I got a statement once a year where the amount never seemed to increase very much, and I had no idea where stuff was invested. Now I log in daily to see how rich I am - currently it's around 3% up on December, so reasonable growth for 3 months, if that continues!

My dad also died before he got his pension - not sure if my mum gets a bit from it, but assume that she does.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  No, apparently I send them a letter from the doctor saying I'm about to pop my clogs and they give me the money back. I'm planning on putting it towards the house the kids will grow up in.
                  Good plan - hope it's that simple!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Following on from DP's pointless poll, curious to know how much people stick in their pension. Thinking of upping mine in case I do live to be old...
                    Do you mean monthly or annually - DP's poll was the former but for pensions, annually makes more sense as we typically don't do it each month. Do I need to amortise?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X