• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Televised Clegg-Farage debate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Televised Clegg-Farage debate

I feel like this must be a KUATB moment, but I didn't spot a thread about it.

BBC News - BBC to host Nick Clegg and Nigel Farage TV debate

Hilarious. Is this so the important debates can be restricted to the main parties? Being compared to UKIP in terms of importance can't be good.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...has-begun.html
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Thanks
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

As much as they are both numpties. No one has done the pro/cons of being in the EU. I suspect that it will degrade into:

Farage - All these Johnny Foreigners coming over and taking our resources and depriving good British people of jobs....

Clegg - If we come out of the EU, every single person employed in a business which is involved with Europe in any way, shape or form will lose their job. We won't be able to extradite kiddie fiddlers etc...

There's pros and cons to being in/out of the EU, but no one seems to want to discuss them beyond the extremes.
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          As much as they are both numpties. No one has done the pro/cons of being in the EU. I suspect that it will degrade into:

Farage - All these Johnny Foreigners coming over and taking our resources and depriving good British people of jobs....

Clegg - If we come out of the EU, every single person employed in a business which is involved with Europe in any way, shape or form will lose their job. We won't be able to extradite kiddie fiddlers etc...

There's pros and cons to being in/out of the EU, but no one seems to want to discuss them beyond the extremes.
          Yes indeed, but a sensible debate involving those options that are a bit more nuanced that 'in or out' wouldn't sell papers or get high viewing figures.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
          X