• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

so how profitable is everyone's favourite, the Daily Mail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so how profitable is everyone's favourite, the Daily Mail

An interesting read which will probably mean Nick will have to find another article for Monday Links

Profits Of Doom

surprisingly clientco let popbitch through the firewall. What is the world coming to...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post
    An interesting read which will probably mean Nick will have to find another article for Monday Links

Profits Of Doom

surprisingly clientco let popbitch through the firewall. What is the world coming to...
    Hope they go bust. But then I imagine vetran (sic) will become a husk of his former self.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Everyone has that friend. The one who, every time something from the Daily Mail gets shared on social media, feels compelled to reply almost instantly with “UGH. DON’T LINK TO THE MAIL. YOU’RE PLAYING INTO THEIR HANDS. THEY WIN IF YOU CLICK ON THAT LINK.” They’re the same type who habitually refer to it as the Daily Heil, or the Waily Mail, or the Maily Fail. The self-appointed community support officers who like to slip on their hi-viz tabards and pad around the internet telling other users to put that down and stop climbing on that.
      laughed at this.

Not sure they are getting the full story, I suspect their SEO team Mailonline-Taxhaven Inc is doing quite nicely. As is Mail-IP Taxhaven inc.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Hope they go bust. But then I imagine vetran (sic) will become a husk of his former self.
        Doubt it somehow. The parent company Daily Mail and General Trust makes about £2bn revenue a year and forecast to make about £270m pre-tax profit this year. Owning and running newspapers has always been more about political power and influence than pure profit. In that respect the DM is still a big cheese.

Comment

If Daily Mail did not exist, it would have to be invented...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            If Daily Mail did not exist, it would have to be invented...
            so you equate the DM with God?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              so you equate the DM with God?
              Can God create a house worth so much that God would not be able to afford to buy it?

Comment

Can God create a house worth so much that God would not be able to afford to buy it?
                too subtle? I was referring to the re purposed Voltaire quote.

I know a few builders that do that, they only think they are God when they are driving.

Comment

More to the point, how much is god's house worth?
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    More to the point, how much is god's house worth?
                    Having read the particulars it may be available at a discount, currently it seems its being used as a rental property.

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Comment

Working...
                    X