• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speaking of reading...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of reading...

This Insane New App Will Allow You To Read Novels In Under 90 Minutes | Elite Daily

This is rather interesting although I cannot yet decide if it's a game-changer or a gimmick.

The idea of this on a phone I don't like, but a dedicated "Spritz Reader" - which could be the same size as an online banking security fob - could be pretty neat.

500WPM - I can follow this without practicing. If only I knew what my normal reading speed was to compare...

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Currently I can read some books at almost 1000wpm (although I have been into speed reading for a couple of years and have practiced quite a lot).

It depends on the text format, subject etc. If is it a book on a subject I am not familiar with then I come down to around 750-850 wpm. The app 'Quickreader' is basically fantastic for this.

(waits for the Russians quote ....)
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

open source one for us cheapskates, not tried it yet.

https://github.com/xypiie/gritz
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

“I took a speed reading course and read "War and Peace" in twenty minutes. It involves Russia.”

- Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
          “I took a speed reading course and read "War and Peace" in twenty minutes. It involves Russia.”

- Woody Allen
          That's the one
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Soon we'll be getting all Matrixy with this technology:

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

^ great pic, never seen it before

Comment

Wonderful app. I want it for my iPad kindle app !

Comment

Here's a good book to start with....

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    This Insane New App Will Allow You To Read Novels In Under 90 Minutes | Elite Daily

This is rather interesting although I cannot yet decide if it's a game-changer or a gimmick.

The idea of this on a phone I don't like, but a dedicated "Spritz Reader" - which could be the same size as an online banking security fob - could be pretty neat.

500WPM - I can follow this without practicing. If only I knew what my normal reading speed was to compare...

Weird - at all the speeds there seems to be the odd word missing - even if I look out for it.

e.g. 250 - We are starting you out at 250 words per minute, a ? more than...

No idea what the ? is - the rest seems slow, but can't get that word. Same with the other two speeds - some words seem to go so quick you can't register them. Is it just me?

Comment

Working...
                    X