• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why ?

Sorry if this has been done before, but I havent been online so much lately

Why did all those supposedly well educated people in the Harry Potter books refuse to say Voldemorts name?
    Sounds like superstition to me

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Candyman, Candyman, C.....................
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Why did all those supposedly well educated people in the Harry Potter books refuse to say Voldemorts name?
      At one point there was a curse on it so whenever anyone said his name his leg breakers turned up.

One of the teachers says in the last book "Say his name, he's would kill you anyway" which implies he kills people for actually saying his name (his ambition was to have a name everyone would be afraid to say.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

you know doogie, I didnt pay much attention to Monty Python when I was younger. but as I get older, I see them quoted and linked to more and more

Is that because they were right, or have we become them ?

Why ?
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I think it's because it's funny.
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Superstition. Even his supporters were scared to say the name, and referred to him as the Dark Lord.

The only one who would dare was the one person who was never afraid of him.
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

the observations made in Monty Python sometimes only click with you when you reflect on experiences, that is part of their genius.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  the observations made in Monty Python sometimes only click with you when you reflect on experiences, that is part of their genius.
                  Can't say I've ever been to a stoning...

Comment

you know doogie, I didnt pay much attention to Monty Python when I was younger. but as I get older, I see them quoted and linked to more and more

Is that because they were right, or have we become them ?

Why ?
                    To be fair both.

Comment

Working...
                    X