• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bit early for wasps, isn't it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit early for wasps, isn't it?

We found a wasp ambling around inside our skylight a few days ago. I thought it seemed a bit early in the year for them but squished it and disposed of the corpse (sorry Xog) and forgot about it.

Found another one in exactly the same spot today. The skylight is closed but there's a little vent so I assume it came in that way.

2 in the same spot so early in the year - is that a warning sign or just coincidence? We didn't have any particular problem with wasps last summer - when do they build nests?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Mild winter. Very mild winter. The only safe thing to do is to nuke them from orbit.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, I had one fly out of the fireplace.

Big bugger so possibly a queen?

Anyway, it's RIP now so hopefully no wasps in Bedfordshire this year.

Comment

I noticed loads of little bitey flys at the stables yesterday, seemed a bit early in the year for them to be annoying me
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Been saying hello to swarms of little flies all winter here, whenever I go down the garden.

Not bitey though. If you are nice to them they don't bite you.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

They were discussing this very thing on Radio Scotland this morning while I was driving to Glasgow.

Some daft cow was talking about 'global warming' and made the statement that 'A bee was spotted in Banchory in the third week in February'

I phoned in an pointed out that if it was 'spotted' it wasn't a bee, because they're 'stripey' but for some reason they didn't take me seriously....
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I had a dream the other night that there was this super badass hornet breed in the UK, because of the mild winter. They had blue bottoms, and were deadly. One sting, and you're mortalled.

I am just having a cheese sandwich and off to bed so I can dream the second installment when Doogie gets 100 stings on his arse.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

So you are hoping to dream about my bum? I guess "stinging" is symbolic of something else.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X