• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Glasses Girl gets into late night scrap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Glasses Girl gets into late night scrap

Woman wearing Google Glass gets "attacked" in bar

Miss Slocum is one of several thousand “explorers” across the world road-testing Google’s latest gadget. As with any late-night bar fracas, there are conflicting accounts of what happened at 1.30am in Molotov’s, a dimly lit, cash only bar.

But she insists she was not recording anyone or invading their privacy, simply demonstrating the device to some interested patrons, when some other customers began rolling their eyes.

She said: “A few minutes later ... they cursed at me. I started feeling threatened. At that point I decided I was going to turn on the camera and start recording this hateful, threatening behaviour.

“Then a guy and a girl charged me. The guy started waving his hands and trying to grab the Glass. I couldn’t believe they were behaving that way. All I could do was say, 'I’m recording you. I’m recording you’. They were calling me the B-word.”
    Silly cow.

P.S. I hope her pussy is OK.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

They were calling me the B-word
    I wander what the B-word is?
    • Bonehead?
    • Bottom-feeder?
    • Bum-face?
    • Bread-sauce?

Comment

I wonder if the Google wearing Slocum had ever filmed her pussy?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
        I wander what the B-word is?
        • Bonehead?
        • Bottom-feeder?
        • Bum-face?
        • Bread-sauce?
        • Blonde?
        • Bimbo?
        • Butch?

Ah, got it.

Bunt!

Silly moo.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Can't really condone charging her and grabbing the glasses. That is assault.

Interesting point about privacy though. There were conspiracy theories on tinternet that iPhones could be remotely turned on to record stuff. Perhaps if glass could be turned on remotely, with millions of wearers worldwide you have a million mobile CCTV cams.

I think I see legislation coming in with possible deadzones enforced with some sort of deactivation beacon that prevents recording. Say in court houses, public bars etc.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Interesting point about privacy though. There were conspiracy theories on tinternet that iPhones could be remotely turned on to record stuff. Perhaps if glass could be turned on remotely, with millions of wearers worldwide you have a million mobile CCTV cams.
            I assume you saw this already. Much much worse, and not a conspiracy theory:

Optic Nerve: millions of Yahoo webcam images intercepted by GCHQ | World news | The Guardian

Comment

I must admit that after I had seen her face I was upset that I did not get to see the attack.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I must admit that after I had seen her face I was upset that I did not get to see the attack.
                Those immortal words from Predator spring to mind.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Those immortal words from Predator spring to mind.

you are one ugly motherfooker?

Comment

I guess Dorothy Parker's little rhyme needs an update:

Men seldom make passes
                    at girls who wear glasses.
                    But they often take swings
                    if they're Google Glass things.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X