• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two Queues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Queues

Well, here I am back at my desk at the Back of the Walls as nose prepares to meet grindstone once again.

My recent trip to Lanzarote made me very mindful of how distinct the peoples of Europe still are, despite many of the constituent countries being multicultural melting pots.

This was exemplified at the airport as I stood in line at the bag drop. The queue adjacent to the one in which I stood ended at a desk which advertised itself as "Vuelo SAS 2354 con destino Estocolmo" and every person in that queue to a man and woman possessed those beautiful Scandinavian features. Blond hair, blue eyes, perfectly unblemished skin.

It was as if they were from a completely different, better place altogether. Perfection personified.

The facial features of the people in the queue for flight EZ2072 to London Gatwick, on the other hand, largely resembled misshapen root vegetables.

Us Brits really are a motley looking bunch. Well, not me, of course, but anyone - and there's a lot of 'em out there - sharing the same phenotype as Wayne Rooney and his ilk (whatever that may be).

Anyway, may have to find myself a gig in Sweden next time round!
    Last edited by Gittins Gal; 10 March 2014, 12:25.

If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Hmm, inneresting

Comment

Swedish people are extremely dull, I think you would like it there.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          The Eloi were modelled on Swedes.

The Morlocks on the British.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            They're real though, unlike her.

Comment

I used to know a gal called Gittins....(last name).

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                They're real though, unlike her.
                At least you got my sex right Bunky!

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                I used to know a gal called Gittins....(last name).
                Beryl? From the Chard/Crewkerne area?

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                  My recent trip to Lanzarote made me very mindful of how distinct the peoples of Europe still are, despite many of the constituent countries being multicultural melting pots.
                  And so they should be GG, don't you think?

Multicultural melting pots become beige. Except for those where cultures clash, and then they are red.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    And so they should be GG, don't you think?

Multicultural melting pots become beige. Except for those where cultures clash, and then they are red.
                    Indeed I do DS.

Let's hope there's always blond hair and blue eyes in Sweden, hot blooded, dusky Latin types in Italy and, dare I say it, people who look like potatoes in Manchester!

Comment

Working...
                    X