• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Cyclists... and others...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Cyclists... and others...

I hope this isn't breaking any rules, I can't see how it would be but I guess if it is it'll quickly be deleted (and if not maybe kept up top for a couple of weeks...?)

Cycling and cyclists do seem to polarise opinions on this forum into two-legs-good-two-wheels-better and bah-they're-just-lycra-clad-speed-bumps, HOWEVER, I know that a lot of folk on here are secretly quite charitable, so I'm going to put in a little plug for an old bud of mine.

To raise a bit of cash for Sport Relief, he is going to cycle to work for a week. "Big fat hairy deal" I hear you cry, but he lives in Portchester near Portsmouth, and works at Microsoft in Reading, which I think is quite a big fat hairy deal, actually.

He'll be leaving home when most of us are getting up for our midnight piddle, and getting home to wake his three lovely kids up to say goodnight just when we're thinking of turning in, and just because he is a complete nutter, he will be putting his bike on the rollers at lunchtimes to ensure that he exceeds his 120 mile daily target!

His local paper has given him a little plug here, and the Sport Relief people here

If you are interested in bunging a few quid into the pot, his donation page is here; a lot of "few quid"s add up to a lot of quids, and can do a lot of good AND (and this might even be the best bit), Microsoft will match pound for pound what he raises, this might be the only way you'll ever see money passing out of Microsoft!*

Actually, this might be the best bit for the "lycra clad speed bump" brigade - he doesn't seem to find the need to train in a road-wide peloton ... , he hasn't picked up his bike since he did this a couple of years ago!

Thank you for reading, and if you feel a little donation coming on, or even a big one, thank you even more!

*Apart from the law-suits of course

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    I hope this isn't breaking any rules, I can't see how it would be but I guess if it is it'll quickly be deleted (and if not maybe kept up top for a couple of weeks...?)

Cycling and cyclists do seem to polarise opinions on this forum into two-legs-good-two-wheels-better and bah-they're-just-lycra-clad-speed-bumps, HOWEVER, I know that a lot of folk on here are secretly quite charitable, so I'm going to put in a little plug for an old bud of mine.

To raise a bit of cash for Sport Relief, he is going to cycle to work for a week. "Big fat hairy deal" I hear you cry, but he lives in Portchester near Portsmouth, and works at Microsoft in Reading, which I think is quite a big fat hairy deal, actually.

He'll be leaving home when most of us are getting up for our midnight piddle, and getting home to wake his three lovely kids up to say goodnight just when we're thinking of turning in, and just because he is a complete nutter, he will be putting his bike on the rollers at lunchtimes to ensure that he exceeds his 120 mile daily target!

His local paper has given him a little plug here, and the Sport Relief people here

If you are interested in bunging a few quid into the pot, his donation page is here; a lot of "few quid"s add up to a lot of quids, and can do a lot of good AND (and this might even be the best bit), Microsoft will match pound for pound what he raises, this might be the only way you'll ever see money passing out of Microsoft!*

Actually, this might be the best bit for the "lycra clad speed bump" brigade - he doesn't seem to find the need to train in a road-wide peloton ... , he hasn't picked up his bike since he did this a couple of years ago!

Thank you for reading, and if you feel a little donation coming on, or even a big one, thank you even more!

*Apart from the law-suits of course
    That should keep the Scots quiet for a while
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
      To raise a bit of cash for Sport Relief
      50% of the cash goes offshore to nebulous aspirational do gooder bollox
      50% of the cash goes to on shore wastrels and more do gooder bollox

- for that reason I'm out
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
      X